Chapter 15: Turmoil

"Come on guys pass the ball!" I shout at my T.v. screen, watching my team from the comfort of my couch. Ever since the incident I've been forced to watch the games from afar.

I was in a coma for 3 days and the doctors were not sure what caused me to enter such state after running various tests on my body. It was only after I explained to them how I usually spend my days, which involved a lot of rigorous training, that they claimed I most likely overworked myself.

When the Nets medical staff got news of this they prohibited me from training for a month. Not only that, but my dad also hired someone to watch over me at home in case I decided to sneak off and have a secret workouts.

So, for the past week I have been watching tape and keeping up with the NBA games. The only form of exercise I did were walks around the block which thankfully I was allowed to do, albeit I was still being supervised by my personal babysitter.
She was actually the second watcher. The first guy I coaxed into a wrestling match so my dad thought hiring a woman this time to look over me would bring better results.

Which I guess in this case he was right, because this girl watched my every move like a hawk. It was to the point where I was starting to get creeped out. I don't think I've seen this woman blink once yet.

But besides the she-bot looking over me, things weren't too bad. I enjoy going over tape and trying to see how I could go about a situation differently, so that would keep me entertained for a good portion of my day.

I also had a chance to touch up on my cooking skills in the kitchen, trying recipes from my mother's cook books. Preparing meals for myself constantly made me think about Jennie. It brought me back to when I was in Korea.

I wish I could replay that day again. So I was excited when I heard she reached out whenever I was in my coma. But when I woke up Jennie had her own things going on and it didn't feel like the right time to talk to her. I didn't want to be a 'distraction.'

Another thing I had more time for was checking in with Sumi, ensuring her that I was fine and that everything was okay. I knew how worried she'd be so I called her almost every day just to talk . I was glad to hear that she was starting to fit in Korea and how she felt like she was making a lot of progress. Sumi mentioned Jennie a lot as well. I tried my best to feign normalcy whenever Sumi brought her up.
Thankfully I don't think my sister ever caught on.

But continuing on with how life was this past week. I was ready to change it up.

New year

Jennie

The mood these days has been kinda down. Ever since Christmas the apartment has felt awfully quiet. The girls and I were swarmed with work for the tour and Sumiye was a wreck for the past three days until we finally got news that Y/n woke up from his comatose state. It was a relief that he was okay. I know it was hard on Sumiye, but I was dwelling at the situation as well.

But, On the bright side I got to meet Y/n and Sumi's mother, Mrs. Jackson, over the phone. She insisted I call her Mei and she was the sweetest person, reminding me of my own mother, now it all made sense why her children were such good people.

Mei gave me instructions on how to take care of Sumi when she struggles with anxiety. She couldn't thank me enough for being there for her daughter and promised to repay my kindness.

Of course I was happy to help with Sumi, but it was a hassle trying to be her care taker and still manage my life as an idol. But thankfully all the stress died down with the news of Y/n being okay.

Or so I thought, apparently my life could never have a moment of rest. Because on New Year's Day when I was trying to enjoy myself by watching a drama on our new T.V. My phone started blowing up with messages.

Annoyance quickly turned to anger when I see what all the fuss was about. "YG confirms that BlackPinks's Jennie and EXO's Kai are dating." The headline of the article read in bold letters.

Why did I get no statement in advance or at least a warning that this was going to happen?
Our relationship was fake! The goal was just to get a little more publicity around our names. YG never informed me of actually going public.

I tossed my phone onto my bed and rub my temples at the headache I was already having from the news.

What a way to start off the new year.