An Old Friendship

Abhi's Pov

The next day was sunday I woke up and decided to go home even if V insisted me to stay, since I was home after a long time. But papa had other plans. He asked me to stay here and said that he will come this way. I and V were exercising in his house gym then she entered there, screaming his name.

"V........"

"Aaa gayi aafat" He murmured slightly and went to her. She never acknowledged my presence and started talking to him.

"Tune mujhe promise kiya tha V" she said pouting.

"Haa mujhe bhi yaad hain lekin..." He said and looked at me. She also looked at me and glared.

Wtf is her problem?

"Okay then. I am leaving. I will manage." She said sighing.

"Do you have classes today?" He asked.

"Yeah evening." She said and started leaving but V pilled her into a hug.

"V.... mujhe mandir jana hain." She said shrinking her face.

"When did I stop you?" He asked.

"Leave me. You are stinking." She said and pushed him.

He laughed and waved bye saying, "Bye Fucker" and she replied, "Bye Asshole"

Well that's an ideal greeting

We resumed our exercise talking too much stuff and I teasing the shit out of him in the name of Shyama and our usual banters when we were together. We ate our breakfast outside, roamed around and returned at evening, since papa asked me to be here.

It was evening and we were enjoying our coffee, my phone rang. It was papa. He asked me to go out after getting ready with V. We went out locking the door behind. We saw maa and papa in front of her house. Some of our workers carrying some sweets and gifts. Suddenly V asked, "Papa aap yahan?". Yeah he also calls my father his father and my mother his mother and only he have the right other than me.

Then he said that he is here to meet an old friend of him.

"But this house-" V couldn't complete as papa said, "I know now come on."

We stood at the doorstep and were going to pull the bell but the door opened revealing an old man about papa's age and a woman also showed up about maa's age. They hugged each other like there is no tomorrow. Maa and that lady have tears in their eyes, while Papa and that man was talking something. No, no mostly cussing each other. I and V were standing there shocked.

What the actual hell is happening? why are they here? why are the acting like long lost sisters and brothers?

They invited us in their house. We were settled and the woman and maa went to kitchen together. I think papa saw my confusion and introduced me to the man.

"Abhi, this is Sreevasthav. My buddy. We were together back then and got split when he shifted to Mumbai from Kerala. And Sree this is my son. You know him, Your Appu."

Appu? who appu?

"As in Jay Viru wala Sree?" I asked.

"The same." Papa said.

I touched his feet and was surprised when uncle took me into a hug. He patted my shoulder and asked, "How are you young man?"

"Mujhe toh eise kabhi hug nahi kiya aapne?" V asked. He chuckled lightly then glared at him fakely.

" I m fine uncle." "I can call you that right?" I asked.

"You can call me anything except cuss words" he said laughing. I also smiled slightly.