Taking care

Abhi's Pov

"Good morning" I heard a whisper while my hair caressed.

I hummed and turn, just to wince in pain.

"Kya kar rahe ho aap? Dhyan nahi rakh sakte?" My wife spoke.

I opened my eyes to see her sitting beside me. She smiled as I sat up.

"Good morning" I said

"Morning. Ud jayiye aur freshen up ho jayiye" she said while standing up.

I felt something. Helplessness. I guess. She said to stand up and freshen up. I couldn't even stand properly.

"Aree udiye" she said coming near me and taking the duvet off.

I slipped from the bed and sat at the edge and looked at her. She is not there. May be in the washroom. I tried to stand up but my spine hurt. My legs are alright now, but my spine hurts when I tries to sit or stand alone.

I tried again but winced in pain.

"Aapse kon bola akele khada hone ko" I heard her voice as she came to me and caressed my bare shoulder.

"Tumne hi to bola ud jaoo" I huffed

"Ud jaoo in the sense wake up Mr Rathore" she cleared and gave me my tooth brush.

I took it from her hand as she helped me to stand up and walk to the washroom. She made me stand near the washbasin and I started brushing my teeth.

After brushing she took me to the toilet and closed the door behind saying,

"I am here, call me once you finish"

I felt embarrassing. I am being a burden to her.  She must be uncomfortable doing all this. I quickly finished my business and asked her to come in pulling my sweats back.

She came inside and took me out. There was maa with the breakfast

"How is my Raja beta?" She asked

"Fine maa" I said sitting down on the couch carefully

"Hmm. Eat it. It's your favourite" maa said placing the plate of food on the table.

"Ji maa"

She smiled and left. Mrs Rathore came and sat beside me. Taking the plate she made a bite of roti and extended her hand to my mouth. I was just staring at her. She raised her eyebrows and gestured me to eat. I took the bite and my taste buds fill with ecstasy.

"Acha Hain?" She asked

"Bohot acha" I cleared

"Hmm" she hummed and smiled.

I finished the breakfast and she helped me wipe my mouth. My heart was thundering thinking she might be burdened because of me. But I want to take a shower, I am stinking and smelling hospital.

"Umm.... Mrs Rathore Can I take a shower?" I asked

"No but of course a bath is fine" she said taking the medicine and giving it to me.

"Then I wanna take a bath"

"I will prepare one, till then you can rest" she said and started to leave but I held her wrist.

"Am I being a burden to you Mrs Rathore?" I asked looking down not wanting to face her if she says yes.

In a sudden movement, she freed her hands and went in the bath room. I was stunned. She didn't say anything. She returned and helped me stand up. She is not looking at me.

As we reached the bathroom, she took the strap off my shoulder and bandage of my forehead and made me stand leaning to the counter.

Did I fuck up?
Why is she not talking?
Am I really a burden?