✨ Increasing Heartbeats ✨

⚠️ Slightly mature content in this chapter ⚠️

Abhi's Pov

It is 12:10 at night. I came late today. I am hell tired. I just wanna sleep. I went to my room. But it was silent and I met with darkness. I switch on the light to see whether she is sleeping. But the couch was empty. I checked everywhere. She is not reading her book like she used to sitting in the balcony. She is nowhere. May be in the kitchen.

I changed my clothes, freshened up and went down. There was light in the kitchen. What is she doing late in the kitchen? I went there and saw maa heating the food, while sleeping partially.

"Maa?" I called

"Haa aaja. Khana garam kardiya Hain. kha lo" she said serving the food in the plate.

"Um.. maa.. woh..." I started but trailed off.

"Hmmm. Bhool Gaya kya?" She asked

"Huh?"

"Tumne hi bheja Hain. She went to her house for pag phera" she said and left.

Yeah
Pag phera
I remember
But why am I looking for her?

I finished my food and went to my room. I am feeling alone today. I can't understand this feeling.

May be I am falling for her or may be it's just a mere attraction. I don't know.

I decided to call her. But I don't have her number. So I decided to call V. Then again I decided to drop the idea since he will tease the shit out of me.

I lay down on my bed and closed my eyes. As my eyes closed I can see her. Her smile, her eyes spitting fire, her talks and smile. I opened my eyes and closed it again.

Thinking about it I slept.

It was morning. I got ready and ran off to office before eating breakfast. I reached the office to see her cabin empty. But it's time. I waited sometime and called to her cabin.

"Mrs Rathore I want the files of Saini's" I said through the phone

"Ummm.. sir it's Ritesh. Ma'am is on a leave today. Should I bring you the file" he spoke from other side

I was frustrated. I didn't know about it. This shit is going crazy.

"No" I said and ended the call.

The day went in blur. V was also on a leave today and Shyama too. I think they are enjoying the family time.

It was night time. I was packing my stuff. Suddenly my attention diverted to the phone ring. It was V. He is video calling.

Video call?
At this time?

I attended the call and started walking

"Everything fine V?" I asked.

"Oh hello to you too"

"Why did you call?" I asked irritatingly

"Okay fine. Now I need a reason to call my best friend" he puffed his cheeks.

"Okay if you don't want anything I am going to end the call. I am going home" I said

"Wait wait" he said and started walking to a direction.

I could hear faint music coming from that direction. When he neared I heard the song. It was 'No lie' by Dua lipa. He put down the phone on something and said.

"Iam going to divert the camera. Enjoy the show"

"V list-"  My voice died down as I see my wife dancing with luv kush and Shyama.