4

Lani POV

Once I reached this hell hole I called home I turned my car off and walked to the front door after getting out.

After I opened the door I walked in and headed upstairs. I didn't see Olivia's car out front which means she's probably at "work."

I opened the door to my room and saw my sister going through my drawers.

"Find what you looking for?" I asked closing the door behind me. I tossed my keys on the dresser and waited for an answer. "Hello?"

She ignored me and put the clothes back in my drawers before leaving the room. I sat on my bed and called my dad back.

"Well well well, you're up early." Sarcasm clear in his voice.

"Well you know, the early bird catches the worm."

"Mmm what time did you get in?"

I undid the laces of my Vans. "Like a few minutes ago. I spent the night over Tory's." I said laying back.

"Okay. I was calling you this morning because Quito was saying he didn't see you come back in last night."

"Aw he was looking for me?"

"Yea."

"Aw Quito." I said mainly to myself. "Aight dad well I'm in the house now so you can stop worryin'."

"Aight, if you need me I'ma be at ya aunt Denise's house until I get a place."

"Okay just let me know so I can go house huntin' with you."

He chuckled. "Aight Lani."

We hung up and I rested my phone on my stomach. I felt my phone vibrate so I sat up.

I unlocked my phone and it was a message from Trey.

7:00 can't come quick enough. I'll see you tonight. 4:24pm

I smiled and thought about what I should write back.

I'm lookin' forward to it. 4:25pm.

After sending the message I couldn't stop smiling. I got up from the bed and went to my closet to pick out something to wear.

I searched through the closet and fell upon this mesh tank top that I haven't worn yet.

I went over to my drawers and took out a pair of black jeans. I laid them across my bed.

I walked out of my room and down the hall to Quito's room. I knocked on the door and waited for him to answer.

"Go away Laila." He said.

I opened the door. "But I thought I was your favorite sister." I mocked.

"Lani, when did you get back?"

"About a while ago, why you locked up in here?"

He shrugged. "Are going to poetry night tonight?"

"Yea."

"Can I come?"

I thought about the date I had with Trey and then I remembered that I promised Quito that I would take him to a poetry reading. I made a promise to him and I'm not about to break it now.

"Yea." I said and a smile grew on his face. "But I have to go somewhere for a couple hours, so be ready by eight thirty."

"Okay, thanks Lani." He said.

"No problem Quito." I said giving him a pound.

I stood up from his bed and he went to start picking an outfit out.
*****