18

Lani

Trey looked shocked, and everyone looked back at me and I eyed everyone else.

My eyes slanted at Trey. "My bad, I thought you were somebody else." I lied.

Jaxon turned and looked at me weirdly before turning back to the front.

"Okay, good afternoon class My name is Mr. Neverson." He said before clasping his hands. "Uh, as you all probably realized I am the teacher that is filling in for Mr. Widdock."

"Thank God." Someone said from the corner of the room.

Trey chuckled as well as everyone else. "Aight, so since it's the first day we're not gonna do much, I'm just gonna go around the room and I want you guys to tell me your name, something interesting about yourself, what college you plan on going to, and your area of study." Trey explained. "Okay, starting with you." He pointed to this girl in the front.

"My name is Yuri, um to be honest, I don't really have anything interesting about me." She chuckled nervously. "But after graduation I plan on going to UCLA for graphic design."

"Nice, sounds good." Trey said.

I turned my head to the window, after a couple other people, I zoned out because to be honest I didn't really care. I'm just here get these grades earn my diploma and be out.

I fixed myself in the seat once I saw that Trey pointed to Jaxon.

He cleared his throat. "Um my name is Jaxon, something that's interesting," he paused. "I do photography occasionally and I plan on going to some college for photography." He shrugged finishing.

Trey nodded. "Well now is the time to start lookin'."

"Yea." Jaxon mumbled.

Trey looked past him and at me. "And you?"

"Like you don't know me already." I said under my breath and Jaxon turned around narrowing his eyes. "I'm Kehlani, something interesting, I don't know all my tattoos I guess, and I want to go to San Diego State University for Nursing." I said and Trey nodded.

"Okay, well I don't have anything planned for today, and for however long I'm here with you guys, I'm going to try and make the best of it." He stated. "Any questions?"

The class replied 'no' in a scattered response.

"Okay, so I'm gonna pass out the syllabus and then you guys have the rest of class to yourself."

After Trey passed out the syllabus he went to sit behind the desk up front. I turned my attention to my phone when all of sudden a message came in. Dragging my finger down the screen I saw that it was a message from Trey.

I looked up and he glanced at me. Sighing I opened the message.

You think we can talk after class? 2:15pm

I looked up once again noticing that he was looking at me and he gave a genuine smirk.

I didn't reply to his message but simply went to Zoé's name and told her to just wait by my car for me.

***********

The bell rang and students rushed out the door but I stayed put.

"You helping the janitors clean up Lani?" Jaxon laughed.

"Very funny." I said getting up. "I'm gonna run to the bathroom, if you see Zoé and Tory can you tell them to wait by my car please?" I asked grabbing my bag.

"Yea no problem." He said.

"Thanks." I smiled.

We headed out the door, he turned left and I turned right. I looked back and once I noticed that he was far down the hall I turned and went back to the classroom. When I opened the door Trey looked up smiling from ear to ear.