6

Lani

When we pulled up to aunt Denise house I shut off the car.

We got out of the car and walked up to the door. I knocked and stepped back waiting for someone to open the door.

"Lani!"

"Zoe!"

"Quito!"

"Zoe!" He mocked our voices.

I mushed him and we walked in the house. "Hi aunt Denise."

"Hey honey how are you?" She said softly with a smile."

"I'm fine, where's your brother?"

She laughed. "In the bathroom."

I sat on the stool at the counter and Zoe joined me. "So." My aunt started. "It takes Zoe to come back all the way from the Dominican Republic for me to get a visit?"

"Aunty its not even like that, Olivia just be in the way, she always doin' somethin' extra." I said.

She side eyed me. "Mhmm, but how are you dealin' with being there without your dad?"

I shook my head. "I'm so close to punchin' Laila in her throat because she keep wearin' my clothes. I don't understand how you can act like you the shit when you wear other people's clothes."

"Preach!" Zoe threw her hands up.

"And then Olivia is another one, she stay smokin' that cancer stick in the house."

"What!" My aunt turned to me. "With you and Quito in the house?"

"Yup and she say she don't care because its her house."

"First of all its an apartment, and secondly its not even hers cause its not even in that bitch name." Just then my dad came out of the bathroom. "Shamar hurry up and find a place so you can get them kids out of there." My aunt snapped.

"Hey daddy." I said.

"Wassup Lani, yo Quito what's goin' on playa!" He said giving him a pound. "Now why ya aunt cursin' and carryin' on."

"Because of your soon to be ex wife and your daughter." I said crossing my arms.

"Just give me some time, I'll get you out as soon as I can."

"No rush dad, I'm just tired of being there." I said.

"Alright well now that this conversation is over, Lani and I are gonna catch up." Zoe said.

"Okay." Aunt Denise said.

She pulled me too her room and closed the door. I sat on the bean bag chair that she had in her room.

"Aight spill I wanna know everything." She said.

I laughed shaking my head, she was so anxious. "I cut things short." I said.

"Why did he try some shit, do we need to run up on a nigga?" She said.

"No, it wasn't him I let my nerves get the best of me."

"What do you mean?"

"I don't know, I just felt like I was too young to deal with him, I'm still interested but I don't know."

"So how you not gonna know if you don't try Lani? I'm not sayin' you should fuck him, that's the last thing I want you to just to keep somebody but I'm sayin' try it out and see how things go." She said. "I'm sure if he's feelin' you then he'll do nothing but keep you happy and not do anything that makes you uncomfortable."