5

Lani

"Ha, you really brought me to Chipotle." I said laughing.

"I knew you wanted somethin' fancier." He started the car up. "There's a nicer restaurant up the road-"

I laughed. "Trey chill, this is fine."

"You sure?" He side eyed me.

"I'm sure, there's more important things that matter, like a connection." I said before grabbing his hand.

He smiled. "C'mon."

Once we ordered our food we took a seat at a table.

"So, tell me about yourself?"

I smiled chewing my food. "What do you wanna know?"

He shrugged. "I don't know anything, everything." He said then bit into his burrito.

"Everything?" I asked raising my eyebrow.

He chuckled lightly. "Whatever you're comfortable with tellin' me." He said.

"I can do that." I smirked. "Well you already know how old I am. I've only been in one relationship. I have a brother his name Christian but I call him Quito." I tried to think of something else. "Um I'm employed, and my dad is one of my favorite people."

"Oh, so you a daddy's girl?"

"Yea I guess you can say that." I smirked. "You have kids?"

He choked on his food and I laughed. "Nah nothin' like that right now."

"You have another girl somewhere?" I asked.

"You just drillin' me huh?"

"You didn't answer my question." I said smiling.

He chuckled. "Nah I'm not seein' nobody else."

"Mmm okay, you just can't be too sure these days." I said seriously.

"Well you ain't gotta worry about that."

I blushed. "I sure hope so, I mean if we move on to something more serious."

"Mmm." He mumbled looking at me up and down. "So what made you wear that top?"

I smiled. "Nothing special, I just never wore it before."

"So you wore it just for me?" He asked lowly.

I smiled nervously. I don't know what it was, but how he said that made me feel a little nervous.

I cleared my throat. "So what else do you have planned tonight?"

"Somethin' simple." He said.

"Like what?"

"You'll see." Was all he said.

I stared at him and leaned back in my seat. Somehow I feel like this date would turn left at any minute.

After we ate we went back out to his car. The ride was silent and I was starting to think twice about this date.

Maybe I am too young for Trey. Maybe he's used to women giving it up on the first night. I just hope he doesn't expect that from me.

**
After driving for about twenty minutes my thoughts were distracted when his car came to a stop.

Since I was oblivious to the world the entire time I took this time to take in my surroundings.

"Manhattan Beach." He said. "I remember you sayin' somethin' about chillin' on the beach."

"Define your definition of chill."