11

Lani

"Lani look I know you wanna get to Oakland, but could you please stop so we can pee at least?" Zoe said.

I looked at her through the rearview mirror and hit the indicator so I could move into the farthest right lane, which lead to the exit for the rest stop. I pulled into the parking lot and into a spot before putting the car in park and shutting it off.

I sat in the driver's seat as Zoe and Tory got out the car. Trey came up to the front seat and left the car door open so some air could pass through.

"You couldn't wait for him to get out that seat huh?" I asked looking over at Trey.

He laughed. "Nah not even, I'm just tryna figure out why you ain't stopped since we left Los Angeles."

I sighed. "I'm just tryna get to Oakland."

"We know, you driving for four hours straight says it all."

"And I'm so tired, I didn't even sleep last night, that's why I was so giddy and ready to go this morning." I said resting my hand over my face.

"Mmm, you want me to drive the rest of the way?"

I took my hand from my face and looked over at him. "Could you please?"

"Yea no problem." He said.

"Thank you."

"You're welcome, now c'mon, I bet you ain't eat nothin' all day."

We got out and I locked the doors with the key ring remote. Trey put his arm over my shoulder and I wrapped my arms around his torso.

"You're so short."

"Shut up." I laughed.

Trey

Lani and I went our separate ways so we could use the bathroom. When I was finished, I saw Tory standing on the outside of the bathroom on his phone.

"Wassup man, the girls ain't come out yet?" I asked him.

He shook his head. "You know how females be in the bathroom."

I chuckled. "Yea, I hear you." I stood next to him leaning on the wall with my hands in my pocket.

"Lemme ask you somethin'?" Tory started. He put his phone in his pocket then faced me.

"Wassup?"

"How long you knew Lani?"

"A couple weeks mybe a month and some change now." I said.

"Aight, how old are you exactly?"

I chuckled. "Is this twenty- one questions?" I said laughing.

"I'm just tryna make conversation, tryna see who ma sis is dealin' wit'."

"I'm twenty- two."

"Aight, see that wasn't so bad, I was just tryna find out the basics." He shrugged. "But just know one thing, if you ever hurt her, we have to fight, I might not win but its only right, I love that girl like a sister, and I don't ever want to see her upset."

I smiled. "Aight, I can respect that." I said clapping him up.

"Bet."

Just then the girls came out and Lani smiled when she saw me. 'I really make her that happy?' I thought to myself.

"What were y'all talkin' about?" She asked wrapping her arms around me.

"Nothin', talkin' 'bout how close you and Tory are." I said and she nodded looking up at me. I leaned down and pecked her lips a few times.