15

Lani

It was around five thirty by the time we hit LA. Trey and I switched since he was getting tired of driving. I looked over at him and he was knocked out along with everyone else in the car. Taking the exit off the highway, I made my way over to Spruce avenue so I could drop Tory home.

"Tory." I called out and he stirred. "Tory!"

"What Lani, damn?"

"You're home, get up."

Trey stirred in his seat a little.

Tory sighed before rubbing his hand over his face. "Aight Lani, I'ma see you at work."

"Yea I'll be there."

"Aight, later."

"Later and tell Ms, Sylvia I said hi."

"Aight." He said before shutting the door.

********

"Tell my dad I'll swing by tomorrow before work Zo."

"A'right Lani." She said.

I turned to Trey and he still had his eyes closed. "Trey."

"Hmm?"

"You ready to go home or you wanna go to the mall?"

"I'll ride with you." He said with his eyes closed.

"Okay." I took out my phone and called the house phone, pulling away from Zoe's house.

"Hello?"

"Put Quito on the phone please."

"Call back later I'm on the other line with somebody."

I sighed. "Laila you always gettin' me tight man, I'ma only be a minute just give Quito the phone please." I said irritated by this point.

She sucked her teeth and I heard rustling. "Hello?"

"Hey Quito I'm like around the corner you ready?"

"Yea."

"A'right, start makin' your way to the front door."

"M'kay." He said and then I hung up.

When I pulled in front of the apartment I honked the horn and Quito rushed outside. He hopped in the car and pulled on his seatbelt. By this time Trey was wide awake.

"Trey this my brother Christian, but I call him Quito?"

"Yea I remember him, wassup lil' man?" He turned and reached out his fist.

Quito dapped him up. "Nothin' much, I remember you too, are you Kehlani's boyfriend?" He asked.

"Quito." I whined coming to a halt at the red light.

Trey chuckled. "Not yet lil' homie, but I'm getting' there." He smirked at me.

I could feel my cheeks turn red.

*******

Once we reached Westfield Mall Trey and I walked side by side with Quito in front of us.

"What's the first store you wanna hit up love?" Trey asked throwing his arm over my shoulder and pulling me closer.

I smiled. "Foot Locker, I wanna see these Jordan's Quito is talkin' about." I said.

Walking in Foot Locker I started looking at the large selection of sneakers on the wall. I picked up the all black midi Nike Air Force 1's.

"I want these so bad." I said mainly to myself. I looked on the bottom of the sole to see the price. "One ten, they look better on the shelf." I looked over and saw Trey shaking his head chuckling.