9. The Legend and the underdog

"What made you late breeze?" Sabo asked as you and he ran to reach the match on time. "I had to meet with a friend." 

"You could have met with them earlier. Now because of you I also have to run."

"Run some times blonde. It's good for your fitness."

Suddenly two motorbikes stopped in front of you, "Hey breeze, hop on. We'll chase the skaters"

It was Kid, aka Metalbody.

"Sabo, hop on. I'll give you a ride," spoke Shanks, aka Akagami.

You both climbed on as Kid and Shanks sped off. You and Sabo were familiar to this speed, so you both didn't have much of a problem.

"Why did you do that for tho? I am talking about the deal" Kid asked during the ride.

"I wanted to. It's a win win. If Ace win, that bastard will know his place, if Ace loose, I'll get to skate with the so called legend."

"Eh? Where is Ace? Only Joker is there and he is doing a speech there while smoking." Kid asked. 

You opened your phone and began watching the live broadcast of the skating. Ace was already about the halfway and Joker hasn't even moved a inch.

Oh that's your trick eh Joker?

Mocking your Opponents.

"The match has started. But wait Kid. Only enter the track once Joker starts. Or it will cause a conflict." you warned kid.

"Roger that." 

".... you really need to put an effort to retain the flavour. Shanks, you understand this, am I right?" Joker asked.

"Yeah. How you prep a dish and even the order you serve them matters." Shanks replied. He was frowning. Shanks is usually a cheery guy, but like you and Mihawk, Shanks didn't like Joker a bit. 

"You may not be using delicious ingredients, but depending on how much effort you put into it, the dish might still taste great." Joker continued his speech.

"Is he trying to teach us how to prepare a delicious meal?" Kid asked.

"Seems likely" you commented.

Joker turned his head a bit to see who was commenting and saw you. His grin widened, "Oh my Queen, you are here. It took you long, but I am glad you are finally here."

You clenched your fist and gritted your teeth. As much as you hated to admit it, Ace doesn't stand a chance against Joker. You prayed that Ace would at least be able to miss the hospital visit.

He kicked his skateboard and it flew up. He ran like a cheetah for a moment, then jumped on his skateboard. 

"Kid! Start the bike!"