chapter 29

After his mother went out shreya collapsed on the chair,  she wants to cry on her fate but she can't . Because if she did he will surely listen then come here and do something which will again shatter her.

          Vikranth gave one bracelet to shreya before his parents arrival which has small speaker . Using that device he can listen everything she says . That's why she couldn't tell his mother her denial towards the engagement and she has told those words  because if she says anything irrational then he will put her family in danger. To her ,family safety comes first.

         After his mother departure beauticians came to do their work . She just sat there like a doll with no emotions.

       Vikranth was getting ready in his room when his mother came. And she has tears in her eyes,  she also don't know why she is becoming emotional .

        She lovingly placed her hand on her son's head and told him " I am very happy to see you in this engagement dress son. You are very lucky to have shreya in your life. She loves you so much kanna ( nickname), she is very innocent, don't hurt her. Now i have to look after my son's engagement ceremony".   Saying this she left from there

             Vikranth knows his mother well, she will try her best to convince shreya, that's why he lied to shreya about bracelet secret speaker . He didn't put any speaker , he just scared her became don't want her to reveal anything to his parents. Like his mother said she is very innocent and naive that's why she easily believed him and convinced his mom.

           He wanted to ask his mother about what shreya told his mother but he restrained himself because he again knows his mother won't tell anything and he can't ask his shreya,  so he left the topic.

              Shreya came to the mandap first to do the Pooja ( yaar in Telugu states first bride will do the Pooja with her parents then she leaves . After her departure only groom will come does his Pooja with his parents, and then the parents will exchange the paper which was written by poojari(preist) along with fruits and sweets and that's called engagement .After this only the bride and groom come face to face by wearing another new set dresses which were given to them by their parents, then they exchange the rings and they can do photoshoot or cake cut etc .I wrote this process based on my engagement).

      Here shreya sat in the mandap alone and feels lonely because she don't have anyone to share her feelings . The prestige knows the situation so he didn't ask her about her parents and did the Pooja with her only. Vikranth parents gave her a new saree with bangles and flowers which she must wear now. Then she went from there because bride should see the groom before ceremony over.  So she left after taking the blessings of his parents.

     After her departure preist called Vikranth. He sat with his parents and did the Pooja, there was no one from Shreya's side ,so the poojari( preist) gave him his new clothes on the side of shreya.  Then he told to leave from here and change into new clothes given by him. So he left then only the poojari read the details of paper here they don't write the marriage date so he only read what to read like both parties agreed the marriage with consent . Like that engagement is completed because in our tradition only the exchange of paper along with fruits , flowers and sweet are main.

        After the change of their dresses ,they both came downstairs.