6. Red Line

Sukuna kept his distance from you.
His glare kept making you stop and look back only to see no one.

You could swear it felt like someone was behind but every time you looked back, no one. People passed by you. There was a festival going on today with the crowd of people you felt more like if it was just you being paranoid. Sukuna kept his hands in his jeans walking unfazed by everyone only keeping his eyes on you.

When you stopped he stopped and smoothly rested his back behind an alley wall. His eyes staring up at the sky waiting patiently.
"Mmm..." You hummed crossing your arms across your chest.

"I'm so frustrated with myself. I can't even shop without being paranoid about him." You sighed looking somewhere else to walk. "He's not following me. He's a king of curses,. probably off doing cursed things."

"Y/n?" You smiled widely at the man who called out your name. "Hey! How have you been?" He asked scratching the back of his head nervously.
"Me? That doesn't matter how you been!!" Your voice was loud and exciting. "Well, I heard about your guy friend passing away. I always felt like he didn't treat you great anyways."

"Well, he tried but I guess it was more of me than him.. anyways.." your voice.lowered as you avoided eye contact. Though Yuji tried to be a boyfriend he didn't hold any feelings for you. He cared for you. But never saw you as a girlfriend.
"Well, uhm. Wanna get something to eat?"

"Hm? Ahh. You know I really need some time alone. I've had a lot to think about. And I'm still in that process of getting my thoughts in order."

"Well." The guy kept trying to push his luck. "I really care about you, you know. Give me a chance to make you smile again."

You looked down at your open hands thinking about it. He took your hand in his and smiled widely. "Come on!"

Sukuna gripped the corner of the wall so tight he ripped a chunk right off of it.

Sukuna walked past a street cook. He reached over the counter and grabbed a foot long pick used to make shishcabobs his finger touched the tip of the pick feeling the point of its tip.

Walking along the same path he avoided you and the man you were with. Peeking over from the crowd he flicked the pick. But some fool got in the way. The pick went into some random person's head. People stopped and gasped.

"What happened?" You asked the man you were with. The way Sukuna sees it, a date. A date with someone other than him.
The man you are on a date with right now in front of him.

"Looks like an accident. Don't look y/n." The man covered your eyes securing you from looking.
His palm prevented you from seeing the body and being able to see Sukuna within the crowd. Starring at the man you were with. No expression. Other than those eyes that were pinned to you and the man shielding you from the scene.

Continuing on more and more accidents occurred around you and the man you were with. "I think I need to go home." You said feeling unsetted by all this horrific tragedies happening around.
Some way it felt like if it was your fault.
Someone lost their hand in a game. Another a leg. And a couple of people actually had their heads decapitated.

The incidents had caused the people to stop the event and have the police come through.
"Hey y/n. I'm sorry about this. But we can go somewhere else." The man held your hand stopping you from leaving. Standing right outside of an open gape of an alley.
"No, I think I should go."
"Y/n. Look I know this is hard. But Yuji would have wanted you to be happy. He would have wanted you to forget about him."

You stopped and looked back at him. Before turning into the direction of the shadowed alley. Your heart thumbed uneasy and you felt your breath get stuck in your lungs. Sukuna emerged out slowly from the alleys Shadow.
His hand on his chin with a wicked smile.
"Oh?" He said looking at down at the man holding your hand. It has burned Sukuna. It has pissed him off. Beyond reason. No explanation he had seen enough of you with this fool.

It disgusting him knowing how you'd end up with anyone else but him. A god amongst many. And you'd choose an ugly man a fool. Millions of things worked their way into Sukuna's head. How head punish you.

Sukunas lips parted revealing his teeth as his eyes squinted from his grin.

"And how the hell would you know that?" Sukuna said looking at the man.
"How would you know I'd want her to forget me!"
Sukuna lowered his hand slowly making you flinch as he smoothly slid his hand back in his pockets.

Gasping you looked back at your hand the man's hand where a red line formed on his wrist before it slipped off his arm.

"How dare you even touch what isn't yours."
His fingers also fell apart releasing your hand.
The man looked at the stub where his hand no longer was. Sukuna kicked the hand away and stepped in between. The bits of the fingers smashing and crunching beneath his boots.

"Oo.. What happened to your hand? Did it fall off? Seems like it fell apart! Like whatever you had wanted. Fell apart like you hoped and dreams. What's it like to crumble when you want something beyond your reach. Even when you do achieve it." He laughed out as the man fell back horrified. His other hand reached out to his throat. He couldn't scream.

"What's wrong? Can't talk? Can't scream? Cat got your tongue?" Sukuna tossed the man's tongue onto his lap

"What's wrong? Can't talk? Can't scream? Cat got your tongue?" Sukuna tossed the man's tongue onto his lap. "Don't ever talk to my woman. I've had enough of you touching her. Talking to her. Being with her. As if you had nothing else better to do than to prey on her as a defenseless girl. Most vulnerable part of  her heart is me. And I'm still here. I am alive. You won't be."

As you stepped back horrified you were trying to move away from him. Enough space to look at the cop car. "Y/n. Scream, or even make one move towards them. And you'll be at fault for their demise."

Your hands tighten into fists. He's blackmailing you. It's either help your friend by getting the cops. Or having everyone die. Like the day he had taken you. It was either he had you or lives would have been at stake.

"Sukuna!" You shouted as he rolled his eyes and looked over his shoulder at you.
"What?"

He was pissed off with you to begin with. As you stepped up and sucker punched him in the face. His hand reached up to hold his chin while he adjusted his jaw back in place. His eyes rolled up to the sky feeling the annoyance of his own intentions.

"Enough! You idiot! Why won't you just go fuck with some curse female spirit!"

Sukuna adjusted his jaw back as you heard it snap. He wiggled it side to side as he turned his back to the man on the ground.
"I have no intentions in those things my y/n. I want you that is enough. That is all."