8. Habit of a Curse

Sukuna walked around the block before disappearing and reappearing on a roof top to get a better view. His focus on spotting you made him forget he had the ice cream in both hands.

The ice-cream had melted and dripped down his knuckles as he looked at it with his bottom lip sticking out.
"Where would she have gone?"
Sukuna ate both ice cream cones at once. His cheeks were full like a chipmunk.

As he roamed around the block continuing his search his patience was running thin. The sun had settled as the night sky had made it all more difficult to come to realization. That you were missing.

He had checked back at your place and there wasn't any evidence that you had been there.

Looking around the corners of the alleys he passed by some cursed spirits stalking a group of humans.

His eyes glanced over for a second attempting to ignore the humans demise. He couldn't move forward. Something had him look back.
It was his nature to not care for others. Yet it was in the back of his mind.

You, wanting him to be something else.
To be someone else.

As he scratched the back of his head watching the human rambling on about things he noticed the curse spirits surrounding them.

It was complicated. It was annoying. Unnerving. He felt guilt! He doesn't want to save them but at the same time he does. Because of you.

Sukuna finally looked away ignoring them as the curse spirits tore them apart.

"What is this feeling. This weird feeling. An odd one."
As if he Sukuna king of curses had a care?
Looking down at his palms in wonder of this feeling. To want to do something but choosing not to.
"Pfft." He spat in disgust.

Sukuna should feel nothing. When it comes down to it. He's on no one's side.

It never left his mind.
As if he was worried as to what you would have thought of him. Looking up to the sky his mind wondered in how you would have been so upset with him for not helping them out.

It was a sick feeling in his gut. How someone as yourself would make him so disgusted in the thought of not doing anything to save some pitiful humans.

Shutting his eyes closed he attempted to disregard those feelings. Those thoughts.

"A foolish woman would never change me. Foolish of her to bother."

Attempting to ignore the fact that he's out here looking for you. Sukuna walked along the night as if he was no longer looking for you.
Wanting it all to go away. His ways of feeling for you. Thinking of you. Worrying for you. For all he knows you sent him to fetch something like a dog and then abandoned him.

Attempting to drive away that his reason for being out and about was for you. Sukuna attempted to enjoy his night walk. Accepting his false idea that he's back to being a loner.

Passing by a street behind a car he noticed someone. A woman on the ground with her arm sticking out on the curbside. A cursed spirit had ripped her apart as it looked over to Sukuna.

His eyes widen. That wouldn't be you. It shouldn't be you. How can it be you?
His eyes became like a cats eye. With all of those feelings accumulating into one single feeling.

Hate.

Within a second he had severed the head of the cursed spirit and mangled it's body. Kneeling down he was in what would one call as a shock.
What Yuji felt when all those before him were injured.

Unsure of moving. Unsure about anything. Wanting nothing of this to be. It was numb like a feeling.

Seeing the puddle of blood the hair spread out. His fingers caressed the hair gently away from the face. Being as gentle as he could.

Lowering his head down his eyes were no longer in view. Slowly standing up he moved away to walk another direction.

It wasn't you.
It wasn't you.

If it was you.
If it was you.
It wasnt you.

Those silly things he mocked all humans for feeling. Those doubts and worries.

Those emotions many have told him about. And now it has all accumulated into his gut. Returning back to the area of the cursed spirits where the humans were. They were now all dead as well.

He had ignored the cursed spirits. He had ignored the deaths of those humans.

Stepping forward the shadows showed how he had dismantled the curses.
He had no words. He was eliminating all cursed spirits he came across.

All in hopes of them never harming you...
That woman. Wasn't you.
It couldn't have been you.

It didn't matter what they did to others. Only what they would do to you. What they could have done to you.

He had eliminate them all.

In one night Sukuna did more than most sorcerers would. 500 cursed spirits were wiped out from that district alone.
And the problem with this. Sorcers would run into him only to meet their demises as well. Anyone who came in between his search and his territory was to be killed.

Ripping, shredding, dismantling, breaking..
Sukuna went back to look at the body of the woman who laid on the ground.

"Hey!" A sorcerer ran towards him as Sukuna flicked his finger cutting the sorcery in half.