26. Unexplained, unexpected

"What was this used for?" Sukuna looked at the contraption shaped like a cross. "It has her scent, her smell, her blood, is all over this room."

He looked at the the needles that stuck out from the wooden arms. "We punish those who committed crimes against humanity."

Sukuna looked at the room, the chains, needles, scissors, tape, pinchers. His eyes looked back at the torture of the room. Known as the Corrector whose legs and arms were amputated by Sukuna.

"Where is she?" Sukuna asked. "The bitch? That basterd child is where she should be! Where she should have stayed!"

Sukuna's shoes tapped as he made his way down the stairs case. The fury in his heart grew beyond words. Tossing the Correctors head down the stairs as it clumped and bounced down. The curse spirits moved out the way as he elegantly flicked his fingers slicing and dicing them.

His eyes narrowed seeing your body mutilated and bloody. You looked lifeless. Some of your scalp was missing. Some parts of you were missing. As he stepped forward a spear struck out from the ground as he stopped. Grabbing the white staff attempting to break it he realized it wasn't wood anymore. In fact he couldn't break it. He attempted to slice it with no success.
"She is no longer conjuring wooden staff's. She must have just adopted this new technique. Her fight to just stay alive. Adapting to her surroundings. Creating a new sorcery weapon for her situation."

Your normal staff's were made out of wood and the only metal was the spear.
He examined the spear head. "Tungsten." Tapping the point he looked at his finger that was bleeding. It's very sharp.

A curse spirit walked towards your body as two spears struck out. Spikes came out from the side as they spun and chopped up the curse spirit the moment it got in between them.

Another jumped upwards to get to you. Spears shot upwards impaling the cursed spirit. Another one walked up casually the spears did not bother it.

An iron maiden shut close on the cursed spirit killing it in an instant.
"She's been fighting these cursed spirits in her condition."

You couldn't move nor talk. Sukuna examined your injuries. The wounds. The neck was exposed. One of the cursed spirits seemed to have bitten off the layer of skin and muscles exposing your throat.

Sukuna closed his hands and spun a spear of fire as it moved around his hand and palms. Into a ball he morphed and controlled it before splitting it into two balls. Stretching out his arms he allowed the flamed balls to expand burning and devouring all the cursed spirits.

Their screams, their bodies. The flames circled around you. You could see the flames rise up to the ceiling burning the cursed spirits from above as their ashes rained down onto you.

You started to breathe deeply feeling relief and joy seeing light. Feeling warmth. Tears streamed down your face.

(This must be hell.)

As painful as it was you laughed softly and whept. Someone walked over. The flames shadowing their body. Nothing more but a silhouette. A figure with no detail. Those eyes all four eyes opened staring down at you.

(Do your worst you basterd.) You thought to yourself believing to see the devil himself standing beside you. He leaned down his arms sliding beneath your back and the other behind your legs. With no hesitation he lifted you up into his arms.

(Yes, toss me into the lava. Toss me into the flames like a flaming hot potato. Boil me red like a little lobster.)

You smiled the best you could as you tried to talk but no words came out of your mouth.

Sukuna held you in his arms not believing the state you were in. Having you this close. Now with the flames igniting the room he was able to now see you.

"There he is!" Sorcers charged forward with those promised to guard. Sukuna stepped out from the fire with you in his arms.
Sukuna's eyes were cold. As he walked forward with you, they held no care. They held no shock for the state you were in. These people did not care for your punishment. They saw nothing wrong it.

They casted judgment upon you. Sorcers that knew you betrayed you. Your so called friends fought you. All he knew of betrayal. This is why he hates sorcerers. You never called yourself or defined yourself to be a sorcerer.

Leaving the burning temple he stumbled upon Gojo who was waiting for him outside.
Gojo looked at your cradled body up against Sukuna. Sukuna was silent waiting for Gojo who had his blind fold on. The state you were in. Knowing exactly what you had done the crimes you committed.

Still, seeing you in the condition you were in.

Half of your scalp was missing. Some of your fingers were split. Pieces of skin torn off. Scars on your arms and face. Half of your leg was eaten the throat exposed. Sukuna had his coat wrapped around you. Lips were cracked from no water. Skin, bone, muscle.

Gojo swallowed the ball in his throat. Remembering just how youthful you were before. How beautiful.

(Gojo, would you still love me?)
(Love? Hmm. That's quite the word.)

You asked him that question knowing very well what would happen to you. He never knew what you meant though. Now he does.

"Get out of my way." Sukuna stood in front of Gojo with you in his arms. "This is what you wanted." Sukuna leaned into Gojo's face. "This is what you wanted."
Gojo's jaw clenched behind the blind fold. Sukuna could see the twisted look on Gojo's face.

Gojo did this. He, let you go. When you committed your crimes Mei Mei and Maki were severely injured. The ones who managed to tire you down was Kusakabe.

You injured many sorcers. Your closest friends.
Gojo, was the one who stopped the fight and turned you in. Back to the temple he rescued you from. The prison he found you in. Like a wild animal that was locked for a reason.
A shark that was released into a tank full of fishes. What did he expect? Sooner or later that shark would devour the smaller prey.

Sukuna didn't want to say anything but he thought it to be best. To show Gojo what he had done. "Move." Sukuna said as Gojo stood still.

Sukuna glared at Gojo realizing a tear streamed down from the blind fold. Landing onto your lips.

"Hmm." Sukuna looked to the side as he walked past Gojo. "Continue to be blinded. Life is not enough, the wider the road gets the tougher it is. Just know she will never be yours."

Gojo never moved. He was frozen in place. His eyes behind the black blindfold shook.
"I can't let you take her." He cleared his throat turning to face Sukuna. "Let it happen. Like you let them do this to her. Under your nose, full of crap." Sukuna stopped for a moment before turning to look at Gojo.
"Did she ever have birthday?" Sukuna asked.

Gojo stayed silently before shaking his head in a no. "Man to man. When is it?"

Gojo stood still thinking as to why he should even tell him. But he mouthed out your birthday. "So that's it." Sukuna's expression relaxed in relief as he looked at you with such a tender stare. Gojo was set back by how Sukuna seemed admire you, adore you, beyond explanation this King Of Curses has become obsessed with you. Sukuna left no survivor in your temple and burned that shit hole to the ground.