Chapter 6

"Good morning, princess." The maids bow down as the princess walk past them after giving them a only a single nod while rushing her way up the castle.

She rushed her way through the halls directing her to the king's throne. Once the guards had seen her they automatically opened the door, revealing the first thing to see is her father sitting on the throne with his hand, Julius standing right before him to the side and beside him is Caspain.

They all look towards the furious Rhaenyra who stopped walking before her father who has this frown on his face, concerning to see his daughter in such a mood.

Julius spoke, "Princess Rhaenyr-"

"What were you thinking?" She raised her voice towards the king that shocked the three of the men inside the throne room. She had just found out about the king's sudden decision by the gossip she had hope was only just a rumor outside the castle and by the question of her friend Dorcas who she left immediately after hearing the news.

"Remarrying? As if my mother hadn't just died 5 days ago?" She spoke furiously.

"It is necessary, Rhaenyra." The king said.

"Necessary? Have you got no shame? A little bit of grieving and respect for my mother, your wife is too much to ask for?" She leaned her chin down and her head back a bit as a look of offense is plastered on her face.

"You will speak such no disrespect to the king, young lady." Says the hand of the king. Rhaenyra ignored him and did not remove her eyes away from her father.

"Grieving will do nothing, I must move quickly for the safety of the kingdom." King Viserys replied.

Rhaenyra let out a sigh of disbelief, "And who might you be remarrying?" She bit her lip in as she waited impatiently for her father's answer. The king opened his mouth, but for a second, nothing came out as he stared at his daughter.

"The lady Alicent Hightower. Daughter of Otto Hightower." He answered.

Rhaenyra's lips parted and her eyes widened in surprise, this expression was quickly covered with rage and furious, "My mother's young friend?"

The king did not respond.

"Is this a joke?" She glanced at Julius who only looked at her blankly.

The princess clenched her jaw and slowly nod her head before looking back to her father as the realization came in that this is really his decision and it can never be changed.

"Alicent is old enough to be wed, she is 27 now. Her late husband died so I do not see why I cannot remarry the lady." The king informed.

She gave him a disappointed stare for a long time before speaking sternly, "You go remarry that woman who my mother trusted and who used to carry me way back when I was ten.. but I will never accept her as a person she'll become."

With that, she turned her back, ready to walk towards the exit.

"Where are you going?" The king asked

"Anywhere. I need to be somewhere else other than this place that's suffocating me." She replied without looking back as she continued to walk, the guards has already opened the door for her.

"The lady Alicent will be here soon, Rhaenyra. You must come!"

She did not reply as she exited the room rushingly.

Once the princess is out the room, The king's hand spoke after they all watched Rhaenyra leave, "You should keep an eye on the princess, your grace."

The king whipped his head towards Julius' direction with a frown, "What are you talking about?" His face looks offended.