Chapter 36

"This isn't what Alaric had said regarding us talking about a thing important," Alicent sighed beside the princess while out of breath. Rhaenyra looked up beside her as they both lie down on her bed, she smiled.

"Actually it is.." She murmured. Alicent shot her a look with widened eyes, she sat up quickly, "You told him?!" Alicent hissed. 

Rhaenyra followed her action and sat down as well, "No, simmer down, your grace. I told him exactly what he told you. Nobody knows." she shook her head to assure the queen whose face expression softened. She ran her hands on her head before jumping out of her step-daughter's bed before approaching the table that Rhaenyra had the maidens set up. Rhaenyra watched Alicent as she poured herself a cup of wine before sipping on it.

Alicent sighed as she stared blankly, having the princess eye her before she followed. "Your grace-"

"If somebody finds ou-"

"But they won't." Rhaenyra assured. Looking for Alicent's eyes who don't return. "Your grace, you know that these feelings cannot be subdued." She reached for Alicent's arm, holding on to it while her front presses on Alicent's side. 

"It can, and we will." 

"No. You saw us earlier, you felt it. If we can avoid these feelings then why did we end up on my bed?" Rhaenyra fought. 

"That is because you weren't making an effort for it, Rhaenyra." Alicent reasoned

"And you did?"

"Of course I did," The queen scoffed 

"And yet you were whimpering under my touch." Alicent's breath hitched as Rhaenyra dropped those words. How could she say those? How could she declare those words to her own mother?

When the princess didn't hear any protest nor response, she spoke again, "You see?" She slowly turned Alicent's whole body to face her, yet the queen's face remained in her previous direction, avoiding Rhaenyra's eyes. "We cannot withstand with it, it's something that must be accepted-" 

"And what of it will be accepted once they have found out about this repulsive act between the mother and her daughter?" She shot Rhaenyra a glare, "Shall we accept my head on a spyke?"

"Your grace, you know that my father isn't as cruel as tha-"

"I have only known your father for a short time, Rhaenyra!" Alicent hissed, looking at her disappointingly. "How would you know? Did Esther ever commit such unfaithfulness to the king?" Rhaenyra was left speechless, her lips are parted, trying to find her words. "Viserys and I haven't even touched lips yet, and the first one I got was from his daughter, my now step-daughter." She tried to get out of the princess' touch but Rhaenyra firmed her hold, enough just to keep Alicent still and not to cause her harm. 

"We will be careful, Alicent.." She leaned in and whispered to her with hope and sadness in her purple eyes.

The Hightower scoffed and shook her head, "You were the one who was against of me kissing you and now what is this?" 

Rhaenyra bit her lip momentarily while pulling Alicent closer to her, having her front hit Alicent's back, indulging her with a light hold with her hands snaking on Alicent's waist to hold her. "You know, you started it.. You've confused my loathing to desire and infatuation.. You've awoken something inside me that I never knew was there the whole time." Rhaenyra whispered to Alicent's ear from behind, making Alicent's heart rush and her cheeks heat at their current position. She glanced at the mirror from a distance and saw how they currently look as they stand. She looks helpless under Rhaenyra's touch, in her arms, she is letting her step-daughter hold her and whisper in her ears that seemed normal but entirely isn't.