Chapter 9

The princess is currently fidgeting on her bracelet while Alicent sits as she reads on the papers.

The princess sighed earning a look from Alicent, "You've been sighing for the fourth time, why not help me figure these out?"

"No, thank you." Rhaenyra replied in bore.

Alicent sighed, "Well what do you want to do then?" She landed the paper on the table, giving her full attention to the purple eyed girl.

"Fly and wander across the great narrow sea with my dear friend Dorcas." She raised her eyebrows as she leans back on the chair.

"Haven't you been riding Syrax these past few days?"

"Indeed."

"Why not do something else?"

"And what do you suggest that a princess should do?" Rhaenyra finally stood up straight and raised her eyebrows to Alicent.

Alicent's raised eyebrows fell down as she sighed in despair, "I have been trying to treat you kindly princess, despite your ignorance in a good manner towards your soon step mother and queen."

Rhaenyra scoffed, "I would rather let Syrax burn me alive than to treat you as a mother and wife of my father."

Alicent shakes her head in distress, "Seriously, I do not know what to do with you, princess Rhaenyra." She massages her temples.

"I'm convinced I am already my father's political headache so that means I will be yours too if I predict." The princess smirked as she stares at the table, not making an eye contact to the queen who's been glaring a her now.

The princess heard Alicent stand up from her seat, grabbing the books and paperworks, "I cannot handle you like this. I'll have your father sort that attitude of yours for you." She heard the ginger head mumble as she makes her way out the council room, leaving the princess there with amused expression on her face as she watched the lady Alicent Hightower walk out.

Rhaenyra then soon left the meeting room and made her way to the front of the castle only to see her uncle Daemon and Ector having a duel.

She leaned in comfortably to watch as she rests her wrist on the structure.

Daemon and Ector both wears no helmet and no shield but only an amor for the lower body. The clashing sound of swords and grunts from her uncles are heard. She could see the hard and sharp glare from one another. After colliding their swords, they pull away pointing their swords to each other as they walk in circle cautiously face it face.

Rhaenyra smirked at the sight, not knowing who will win thrills the white haired girl. Her uncle Daemon and his dark sister; with his fury and skills in combat. His brute attitude and pride for himself, or, her uncle Ector from Bohemond and his light fury, white sword that symbolizes purity and heavens, as he believed it was a gift from God that angels sent from above; his competitiveness and strength along with his big muscular body, how he easily predicts with his concentrated mind.

Both men once again dashed towards each other, raising their swords only to clash it once again.
"You lack of passion, Daemon Targaryen." She heard Ector spoke.

"Then you are being naive." Her silver haired uncle replied before stepping back to create a gap and then dashing towards Ector who dodged him, making the Targaryen miss his hit.

Ector chuckled, "That only proves my statement. When was the last time you fought?"

Daemon looked back to him with a pant, glaring at Ector's smug face. "A month ago." He replied before swinging dark sister to which light fury blocked.

"Only a month ago and yet you are underperforming to your greatest skill." The bigger man replied.

Daemon scowls at him, "You dare underestimate a Targaryen? A'Vhex tebe rekmor a drokurez un kar nti tua sakah, Bohemond." He points his sword slowly towards Bohemond.

(T:I will make sure I shed a drop of your blood, Bohemond.)

"Have I provoked you, brother?" The bigger man chuckled that annoyed the Targaryen even more.
Daemon chose to regain his composure by lifting his chin up and slowly lowering his sword before putting it back on his belt right where it belong.

"We are not brothers." He said.

"Not by blood, no... but my dead sister married your brother, did she not?" Ector chuckled, also putting his sword in its place on the belt.

"I was actually hoping to see who would win, uncles." Rhaenyra smirked down at them.

Both men looked up to her direction. "Rhaenyra." Daemon mumbled.

"Shouldn't you be discussing with the lady Alicent?" Ector smiled.

"I should.." She paused and walked down the stairs, "But the lady Alicent has walked out on me."

Ector smiles at his niece, "What have you done now, Nyra?" He asked as soon as she came close to her uncles.

"Oh, nothing.." The princess replied with a sly smile on her face. Ector and Rhaenyra stared at each other for too long with smiles on their faces until they burst out laughing.

"Oh, you troublesome, girl. Giving the woman a hard time." Daemon watched as Ector pulled the princess and rub her hair in a quick manner making the girl giggle.

"Where is the lady Alicent now?" Daemon frowned before them.

"Oh, I don't know. She's probably with the king, ranting about my behavior." The princess teasing manner. Daemon raised his eyebrows. He slowly nods his head before excusing himself.

Ector and the princess watched him disappear as climbs up the stairs to the entrance of the castle before looking back to one another.

"No one can replace mother.." Rhaenyra mumbled. His uncle sighed with a nod.

"Indeed." He paused, "But unfortunately, we can't do anything about your mother's death now, can we?" The princess' purple eyes glance at her uncle.

Rhaenyra sighed, "I'm in chaos without her."

"You will be queen soon, Rhaenyra. You were named as heir. You will do best and you will be the exact portrait of the Queen Esther Targaryen." He smiled kindly at her. "Half the heart of a Targaryen; fierce, skilled, intimidating, hardworking, the ice and fire.. you have the blood of the dragons, Nyra." He said with his encouraging tone.

"Yet a blood of Bohemond. Fearless, intelligent, soft heart, patient...and beautiful." He finished with a small smile as he looked down on his niece's purple eyes.

Rhaenyra tries to fight the pain she's feeling as she misses her mother. She swallowed hard before forcing herself to nod. "You are right." Her voice croaked.

Ector frowned in concern. When he was about to speak; Alaric called the princess from above the stairs.

"Princess."

They both looked up to their side, "You called?" Rhaenyra answered.

"The king is requesting your presence, immediately."