Chapter 43

The maester sighed in front of the king who currently sits on his chair inside his bedchambers. He's currently holding his wear up to reveal the unusual sight planted on his body while Alicent observes from behind the maester who currently looks at the king's body in terror, hand on her mouth while frowning. She would never admit it, but she's in pure shock and disgust at the sight-- speechless.

The elder shook his head before standing up, "It seems like the problem is on the king's skin.. A salve would probably do.. a one of a kind.." He paused and turned around to Alicent, "Unfortunately, your grace, I haven't seen nor treated anything like this before. Therefore, this is.. incurable for now." He frowns apologetically

The door then busted open to reveal Rhaenyra and Alaric, an agitated look on her face, "Father?" She rushed to him, "What happened?" She leaned down a bit to his size of sitting. Viserys shook his head in dismissal, not wanting to worry the princess. But the Targaryen princess had already followed where the issue might be

"Let me see," She took his wearing before lifting it up to expose his dried skin, unmatched color, and nodules. Her eyes widened, her lips parted in frightened just right seeing a very alarming sight before her purple eyes. Her head quickly piqued towards the maester who stands beside the queen, "What is this?"

The man shook his head in sympathy, "It is unknown, yet to be discovered, princess.."

"Well, whatever this is, figure it out- find a cure!" She scolded the man who nodded and bowed his head.

Viserys sighed, "It is alright, Rhaenyra. I'm fine."

Rhaenyra quickly shot her head up to the king, "No, you are not fine-" She faced the maester once again, "Now."

"Understood, I shall take my leave now, princess. Find the cure and help the king." With one last bow, he walked right out the chambers, passing the queen and Alaric who stood closely by the door and escorted the man out. The maester got out and nod at the hand and his son Caspain who is casually just talking to each other.

Alicent and Rhaenyra met each other's eyes before the Targaryen looked away, "How are you feeling?" She asked the king

Viserys nodded, "I am alright, there is needn't to worry."

"What do you mean? You clearly caught a sickness with no cure," Rhaenyra frowned

"Viserys, I think it would be best for you to rest at the moment." Alicent chimed

The king stubbornly shook his head, trying to change the subject, he glanced at his daughter, "Rhaenyra, since you have left the occasion the other day for picking a husband, it shall be postponed to your name day."

Rhaenyra's lips parted and she rolled her eyes while shaking her head, "Good gods," She muttered under her breath, "I thought I had made my way past that."

Alicent watched her speak, thinking how she wished that the occasion wouldn't have to continue too. She anxiously fidgets her own fingers while standing there quietly.

"Your improper manner has left them in devastation. Be thoughtful, they have traveled all the way just to get here." Viserys scolded.

"They have traveled here to ask for my hand. They brought themselves here, they weren't forced- it was their choice to come because they wanted to." The princess scoffs in disbelief