Chapter 30

"Your grace! It's fantastic you could join us!" All heads turned around to Alicent and Caspain's direction after Lurther made an acknowledgement to the queen.

Alicent smiled at him, "Of course." She glanced towards Rhaenyra and Corwyn. The boy stood up and bowed to the queen, "A pleasure to meet you, your grace. It would also bring me much joy if you were to give me permission to marry your daughter." The man spoke.

Rhaenyra's corner lip tugged downwards in a disapproved look. She quickly fixed her face in realization, "I very much well appreciate your curtsy, young man. However, princess Rhaenyra and I would still have to discuss about it." She forced a smile before looking at Rhaenyra who's lips are parted. 

Caspain kept throwing sharp glares towards the boy who once sat again beside Rhaenyra. Corwyn noticed this and raised one eyebrow at Caspain, causing the blonde to scoff and clench his jaw before looking away.

"I was wondering where you were. You weren't in your chambers earlier." Alicent spoke down to Rhaenyra who frowned at this.

"You were looking for me?"

Alicent inhaled deeply, "I was hoping to have a conversation with you but it can wait." She forced a small smile before approaching her brother and Luthor, leaving Caspain with Rhaenyra and her suitor.

"Princess," Caspain took a step towards Rhaenyra and asked for her hand to which she gladly took before Caspain brought her knuckles to his lips, planting a soft kiss on it. Seconds longer on purpose. He leaned back to give her his signature smirk before glancing at Corwyn beside her. The young boy looked displeased and annoyed at Caspain. Perhaps he felt intimidated with his confidence. Perhaps.  

"Were you with the queen?" She smiled up towards the blonde. Caspain licked his lips to think of a better answer, "Uh, I happened to pass by her while I was roaming around and so then I led the queen here, letting her know of what is currently happening." He smiled. 

"How are you?" He asked

"I'm well, thank you. Lord Corwyn here is just telling me tales and experiences from his life since you left." She glanced at the man beside her. Corwyn nodded with a small smile.

Caspain nodded without a word, he spoke after nodding, "Fun." He grinned for a flash second sarcastically before walking away towards the elderly's conversation. 

Rhaenyra was taken aback by his unusual action and thought for a moment of his weird reaction.

Princess Rhaenyra sat at the table along with the Hightower siblings and Luthor along with his son, Corwyn. The maids are placing the dishes in silence, carefully avoiding to hit the candles. All sat in silence until one cleared their throat and spoke, "Your grace, I have heard about the culprit who have been murdering few people in the city. Deraumond? We would like to help you." Luther spoke as he looks at her in concern.