Chapter 27

Alicent and Rhaenyra came back to the event downstairs with a tense expression on their faces, Carlisle noticed this but yet he didn't pry. Rhaenyra pulled her chair with her lips parted till in shock of what just happened in her step-mother's chamber. She sat down slowly, steadily that made her look trembling. The event continued and then suddenly- Alicent caught a glimpse of Delmon from the side of the crowd socializing with a cup on his hand. His stare is directed to the princess and it made her frustrated in her seat, she glanced towards Rhaenyra with one eyebrow raised as she observed her behavior. 

She's fiddling with her ring-

"You haven't touched your food, Rhaenyra," She spoke, "Does my table not agree with you?" 

Rhaenyra saw the play the queen was presenting. Acting nice in front of her people- Rhaenyra decided to flow along for the good. She forced a fake smile, "No, your grace. I'm just a bit ill." 

Knowing that Rhaenyra was possibly referring to what happened upstairs in her chambers- Alicent decided to keep her expression blank while eyeing the princess for seconds. Alicent hummed, "Well, I believe it's best to get your stomach something. Maybe that will lessen."

She picked up her utensils and forked a meat that she has on her plate before transferring it to the silver head's plate, "Here." Rhaenyra was in shock due to the queen's action, how quick does the queen's climate change- but Rhaenyra knew better. She knew well that this was only to show a good relationship between a mother and daughter to the realm, to the people surrounding.

The princess mumbled a small thank you to the queen without looking at her before eating the meat that the queen has given her. While she eats, she could feel a hard stare on her that she refused to look up to and check. 

"Princess,"

Both heads turned towards to Delmon's direction. The queen exhaled loudly as the presence and determination of this man to get the attention of her step-daughter is becoming truly infuriating. 

"May I interrupt you for a moment? I would like to introduce you to some people," He smiled.

But before Rhaenyra could answer, Alicent did, "The princess had only begun to touch her food, she is quite ill. I suggest you give the princess a break from.. all your selfish desires and excitement. She must eat." Her tone was demanding and hard. Delmon's smile slowly faded as it turned into a frown. Much more confused rather than worry. 

"Is that so? Forgive me, princess. I will no longer interrupt, but please, call me if you must- I would love to make your acquaintance and have you meet my amazing people." He disregarded his curiosity and bowed his head before heading back to the crowd.

The dismissal of the man displeased Rhaenyra as she actually wanted to go and leave this table even though she was not really fond of the man. Rhaenyra had a dissatisfaction look on her face while she forked the meat on her table, "How annoying." She mumbled before bringing the food in her mouth. Alicent noticed the attitude that the princess had plastered on her face, "Lose that face." She scolded quietly.

The princess glared at her, "Why must you send him away? He clearly just wanted me to meet his people,"