Chapter 46

Bloodshed, a bloody battlefield. A city that turned into horror during the battles of Deraumon's men and Daemon's troops.

Caspain spits on the ground while having a slight cut on his cheekbone, Julius having blood all over him from the fight, and Daemon— well, the prince seemed to be bathing in blood. His silver hair soaked in red, as so his body.

"How many men does this man have?" Otto sighs in annoyance as they make their way up to the tower, leaving all the dead laying men behind until the very entrance of the city. Most of Daemon's men are waiting outside and only five were commanded to stick with the four for more assistance as there could be much more guards and knights in the tower.

"Tons. Which is why you should rather be useful than us protecting you. If this battle ends with your sword unwielded and bloodless, I shall be the one to kill you and have them dogs rape your corpse." Daemon spoke from the front as they now walked in the hallway.

"This is my city, prince Daemon, if you cannot recall." Otto scoffs

"And I am leading to protect your city." The rogue prince turned around, almost not being able to keep up with it, Otto was taken aback and stepped backwards.

"This is not the time to argue, my prince. We still have one more to kill." Julius intervened calmly.

"Kill who, may I ask?" An unfamiliar voice came from the front. All heads turned towards a man with blue eyes and a mustache. Daemon shifted cockily before squinting his eyes, "And who might you be?" He raised Darksister to point towards the man

The man grinned, "Oh well, my sincerely apologies for the late introduction, I am Deraumon Attor." He spread out his arms.

"You?" Otto squinted his eyes in disbelief, judging the man's appearance. "You have killed most of this city's men and held the council hostage! Where is my son?" He asked angrily

"Which of them is your son?" Deraumon asked innocently, his face pretending to be thinking

"It is very brave of you to come and reveal yourself to us alone here." Julius spoke beside Otto

"Well.. he possesses such skills." Caspain shrugs beside his father causing them to glare at him

"Yes, well unfortunately he's going to be losing his head in not so long." Daemon stepped forward, spinning Darksister in his hand but Deraumon only scoffed.

"Wait--" He raised his finger, causing Daemon to halt, and Otto and Julius squinted their eyes in suspicion, "Did you really think I came alone?" After his words, men from each possible corner came out behind and beside Deraumon.

"Send this message to your king, rogue prince." The man spoke again, "I do not jest and especially so to what I seek."

"And what is that you seek exactly?" The hand asked

Deraumon smiled, "Revenge." He simply replied

"If it is revenge you want, you have come to the wrong place!" Otto said with a scowl on his face

"I care no longer of it. You left your city unattended! Now whose fault is that?"

"I did not. Carlisle and my council were here!" Otto defended