Chapter 19- Knight Of Red

()= Thinking/ Replacing

*= Actions

""= Phone

/= Whispers

--= Narrator

~~= Timeskip

Darren POV:

Azazel stared at me as I scratched the back of my head before sticking out my tongue jokingly.

Darren: Sorry.

Azazel: Don't try and act cute, you just look disgusting.

Darren: Shut up.

I suddenly clutched my head as Kiriya spoke in my mind.

Kiriya: (Hey, brat, I think it's time for you to obey my request now, go to my dungeon and revive one of my soldiers, this is a solo mission, of course. You have to make an excuse, whatever excuse will do.)

I looked back at the group and adjusted my sunglasses.

Darren: Sorry guys, an emergency came up, I have to leave as soon as possible right now.

Akane: Eh? What happened?

Darren: I... gotta go fight something.

Azazel: That's a bad excuse. 

Darren: I couldn't care less about finding an excuse right now.

I teleported away before they could question me further as Kiriya led me down the mountain towards a gate-like thing.

Kiriya: (This is where my first dungeon is. Open it up using your cursed energy.)

Darren: Gate Open.

I charged cursed energy into the gate as it transformed and swallowed me in. I was suddenly in this castle-like structure when a screen popped in front of me.

Gate: Darren Satoru, confirmed, species Monarch, confirmed, spirit, confirmed, entrance, allowed. 

Mission:

Defeat all of the enemies in the dungeon and then defeat the boss once completed, job change shall be activated.

Darren: (Mission? Job change? What does that mean?)

Kiriya: (I'll specify for you, brat, your current job is sorcerer, with the number of Cursed Techniques you have and for job change... meaning that you are ready to become someone like me. This is just your first step.)

Darren: (I see... I'll work my hardest then.)

Knight-like monsters started to appear in front of me as I summoned cursed spirits to push them away before they did no damage.

Darren: No damage?!

I took out my katana and slashed at it before it also did no damage due to its heavy armour.

Darren: (He's not that strong, it's just that he's got a ton of defence. His armour is so thick for my sword or cursed spirits to pass through. But even someone like me can tank all of his attacks because his attacks don't have much force to them.)

The knight slashed at me again.

Darren: Don't you know that the bigger you are, the more openings you have? I've already had an experience that my fists or katana didn't work on before.

I sat down on its shoulder before stabbing his neck with my katana which made it fall to the floor dead.

Darren: Is this thing even a proper monster? It's disgustingly weak. But it'll give me a little bit of trouble if more of these things show up in the future.