Chapter 20- The Spirit of Fire

()= Thinking/ Replacing

*= Actions

""= Phone

/= Whispers

--= Narrator

~~= Timeskip

Darren POV:

"By yourself, you are nothing... small, pathetic, but with me... you can be more, than just a weakling, are you ready, Darren?" 

I walked back with Akane, Ai and N25 behind me while I put my hands in my pockets.

Darren: Ugh, I feel like I'm about to die soon.

Mizuki: Don't worry about it, Darren, you won't die!

Mizuki patted my back and I could feel a shiver up my spine.

We kept on walking to Shido's place before Az hooked his arm around my neck and whispered at me.

Azazel: Hey, how do we deal with the spirits? If any of them found out about Yoshino... or Tohka... it'll be death for us. 

Darren: We'll just take one for the team...

We reached the door of Shido's house before Tohka rushed towards me. I can see an angry look in Akane and N25's eyes when Tohka ran towards me.

Tohka: Darren!

Darren: Tohka...

Tohka; Darren! You can have this!

Tohka handed me a bag as I opened it and saw bread inside the bag.

Tohka: It's the chocolate cream bread from the store, they only had one left, so I bought it.

Darren: Then you should eat it.

I sighed before Tohka blushed a bit and pushed the bag to my chest.

Tohka: No, you should eat it! So take it and cheer up, you've been quite depressed lately, so take it! You've just had a sour look on your face...

I took the bread from the bag and devoured it.

Darren: Man, chocolate is always the best if it has something with it.

I scratched the back of my head as Akane and the rest of N25 stared at me with worry.

Darren: I'm fine now! I'm sorry to have worried you so much.

Tohka: Darren! Are you sure? Have you really cheered up?

I nodded at her before hugging Tohka.

Darren: I'll be sure to make something extravagant for you tonight. As compensation for eating your dessert.

Tohka: Really? Wow!!!

Tohka quickly walked into the house before I was grabbed by the back of my collar by Akane who had a yandere expression on her face.

Akane: Was that the girl?

Darren: Uh...

Ena: I didn't know you were into the cute and pure type...

Mafuyu: Judging by the way you hugged her, you two have been quite close...

Mizuki: Pervert...

Kanade: Harem Protagonist.

I felt my heart being stung a hundred times over as I tried to run away and a slice passed my cheek.

Akane: Who said you can leave huh?

Darren: I'm so sorry!!!

Akane: It's fine...

I saw Shido run out of the house towards the hospital while I adjusted my sunglasses.