Chapter 26- The One Cursed by the Symbiote

()= Thinking/ Replacing

*= Actions

""= Phone

/= Whispers

--= Narrator

~~= Timeskip

-The next morning-

Darren POV:

I snuggled Tohka closer until I was kicked on the back by someone.

Azazel: Wakey, wakey.

Darren: You really had to do that?

I yawned a bit before standing up and ran a hand through my hair while patting Tohka's head.

Darren: Come on, let's go make breakfast.

I ran a hand through my hair and leaned on Az's shoulder.

Darren: You sure you're fine dude? You were acting really weird by randomly yelling yesterday.

Azazel: I'll be fine, don't worry about it.

Darren: You know that if you need me, I'll be there dude.

I patted his back before seeing his eyes being a bit tired.

Darren: Hey, you wanna hang out, just the two of us today?

Azazel: I thought you were straight.

Darren: Ok, asshole, come on.

I placed my fist on his chest which made him smile a bit before walking to the kitchen.

Azazel: Make me pancakes today.

Darren: Sure, sure.

I walked towards the kitchen and was prepared to make some pancakes before Az yelled at me.

Azazel: HEY, TREAT ME TO A CAFE LATER!

Darren: Alright, fine.

I made a cup of coffee for him and a cup of hot chocolate for me as I sipped on my drink.

Azazel: Who do you love the most? Out of all of the girls you met so far?

I spat out my drink comedically before holding my nose.

Darren: Why ask?

Azazel: Just curious, because I know pre-reincarnation you, would have chosen Akane without missing a single beat, but now, you've changed so hard.

Darren: If you're saying right now... I'll say Kurumi. There's no contest about it, I can't treat her the same as everyone else, I can only see her as someone special.

Azazel: That's quite a long spiel, are you done yet?

Darren: Okay, I'm done, but are you sure you are good?

Azazel: Don't worry about it, it's summer stress.

Azazel POV:

I sighed and sipped my coffee before Darren went to make some pancakes.

Azazel: (I wonder if what he said about Kurumi was true... and I hope he doesn't do anything extreme like the last time he was obsessive over Akane.)

???: It seems like your friend did some insane stuff.

Azazel: WHO THE HELL JUST SAID THAT?!

Darren dropped the cup of coffee before it stopped just before it hit the floor.

Darren: You good bro? Don't just suddenly shout while I'm cooking dude. You look like you just saw a ghost or something.

Azazel: Yeah, I'm good, just woke up on the wrong side of the bed, I guess.