Chapter 24- The Ifreet and the Sorcerer

()= Thinking/ Replacing

*= Actions

""= Phone

/= Whispers

--= Narrator

~~= Timeskip

Darren POV:

-"Love for the brother, love for your beloved, whatever the answer, it's all up to you."- 

I kept on chasing after Origami despite losing an arm.

Darren: (Come on, Darren, think what's happening now.) 

I opened my eyes to share the vision with my shadow soldier, I saw Kotori and Shido having fun in an amusement park instead of being at Motion Park now.

Darren: (What is this... murky feeling in my chest? Never mind, I have to get to that place before Origami can. Even though I didn't lose much cursed energy due to the battle not lasting for that long...)

I held my lost arm in pain as I used the reverse cursed technique to stop the bleeding.

3rd person POV:

Shido was sitting on a bench with Kotori while reminiscing about their childhood. When Kotori suddenly turned her face away from Shido.

Kotori: (I think it's time I accept the truth already. I love Shido, I love my big brother instead of Darren... maybe...)

Shido: Kotori.

Kotori: Y-Yeah?! Sh-Shido, I do believe that the time is right... but...

Kotori started to fidget her fingers when her shadows started to dance behind her.

Kotori: Could we at least go somewhere where there are fewer people?

Shido: Why? I mean, we're already alone, aren't we?

Kotori: You need to ask? 

Kotori suddenly turned her head away from Shido who had a serious expression on his face.

Shido: Why not here?

Kotori suddenly looked back at Shido while we cut to Azazel and the others who were dressed in their casual clothes while staring at Shido and Kotori. Azazel noticed Kotori's shadows start to quickly dance beneath her feet.

Azazel: (Why is Darren so late? Could he have lost? No, even if Origami does bring out some sort of new toy, Darren should be fine with his infinity.)

Shido stared into Kotori's eyes and sighed.

Shido: So uh... Kotori...

Kotori: Yeah?

Shido: I have a question.

Azazel and the others hit their head on the floor in a comedic sense.

Azazel: (You were supposed to kiss her right then and there, Shido... why did I trust him for even a singular bit?)

Kotori: Wait, what? F-Forget I said that! 

Shido: So, Kotori, five years ago-

Shido was then suddenly surrounded by a territory as a missile fired towards Kotori. When they heard a voice.

Darren: Exchange.

-Darren's theme-

Darren suddenly swapped places with Kotori who had a shadow soldier in her shadows as Azazel flew in the air and caught Kotori.