Chapter 31- Wounds only hurt when it's fresh

()= Thinking/ Replacing

*= Actions

""= Phone

/= Whispers

--= Narrator

~~= Timeskip

Darren POV:

I slowly woke up from the explosion, all I could see was an empty room with Tohka resting next to me.

Darren: Tohka?

I slowly hugged her before she disappeared into the air when I was dropped into a pit of pure darkness. I slowly looked around only to find Kiriya on his throne, yawning.

Kiriya: Seriously, that brat was such a huge ordeal, you even used your army and you can't even beat him.

Darren: I won in the end, didn't I?

Kiriya just cackled at me before covering his eyes with his hand while walking to me and grabbing me by the collar.

Kiriya: You haven't forgotten, right? You promised me to kill all of the Monarchs that wronged me. Well, my other binding vow is that when you fall into a darkness so deep that your soul can't even live anymore, you have to let me take over your body. My second condition is that you forget about this agreement. Why don't we battle to the death for it?

He released my collar as I grinned and tried to kick him before he blocked it.

Kiriya: How boring.

I tried to kick him again before he dodged it. He quickly sat on my back, while sighing.

Kiriya: I thought by imbuing that stupid king of curses' powers inside you, you would be able to beat that brat. I placed too many expectations on you, Einherjar, personally, I'm not disappointed. Just a bit tired from the amount of losses you took against that brat.

Darren: It was fine if I won in the end, right? I won against Az, not like you did and get off me!

I slowly got up and pushed him off me.

Darren: Just fight me fair and square.

Kiriya: Interesting~

He flicked his thumb at me and I could feel myself split in half before I suddenly awoke. I quickly held my head as I stared at the Ratatoskr's medical room.

Darren: Tohka... where's Tohka...? Tohka!!!

I stared at Tohka who was resting her head on the side of my bed before I sighed with relief as I got out of the and looked at myself in the mirror.

Darren: (No burn marks, it seems like they worked their magic.)

I was suddenly hugged from behind as I looked at Akane nuzzling my back.

Akane: Are you alright?

I rubbed my cheek where I knew the explosion hit me to find no burn marks.

Darren: Face feels fine, they healed me up fine I think. You alright?

Akane: They fixed me up fine, just a normal stab to the stomach trying to protect my boyfriend anyway.

I ran a hand through my hair and sighed.

Darren: You know, I'm surprised that they can heal burn marks.

Akane: Even with a few marks, you'll be handsome either way.

I nuzzled her before a shiver went down my spine.

Darren: (Why the hell do I get the feeling that something bad's about to happen?)