Chapter 29- Far From Home

()= Thinking/ Replacing

*= Actions

""= Phone

/= Whispers

--= Narrator

~~= Timeskip

Darren POV:

I stayed on top of Tengu Tower, trying to heal my broken ribs as I stared at the skyline.

Darren: (If everyone is already fighting so hard... what's the reason for me to not put my life on the line?)

I was about to stand up before I fell again.

Darren: (Yeah... I'm so tired... just so tired of it all... I just want to rest... why am I... trying so hard? Is it because I remind them of Satoru Gojo?)

I felt an arm around my head before I could feel a soft feeling underneath my scalp.

Darren: Kurumi...?

I stared at Kurumi who was smiling at me.

Kurumi: Yep.

Darren: Man, I thought I lost you at the house fight against Az...

Kurumi: You're not getting rid of me so easily you know.

She started to play with my hair as I sighed.

Darren: I can't forgive myself.

Kurumi: You don't have to forgive yourself, looking for meaning in death, is sometimes going to sometimes defile the memories of those that you lost. You lost me already, will you lose me again?

Darren: Nah, I won't and I can't lose you again.

I tried to get up before she pressed my head on her thighs again.

Kurumi: You know, I could just eat you right now.

Darren: Not the time for jokes.

Kurumi: Jeez, party pooper.

I heard two more voices behind me. I quickly looked behind to see Origami and Tohka there. Tohka was in her limited Astral Dress and Origami was in her AST suit.

Darren: Tohka, Origami...

Origami: Darren, are you alright?

Tohka: Darren... how are you feeling right now?

Darren: I broke... some ribs... I think... I don't know... 

Tohka: I didn't expect Azazel to...

Origami: Wait, Azazel was the one who caused all of it? He was the one who got the AST involved as well?

Tohka slowly nodded which made Origami extremely frustrated.

Origami: Why are you here, Kurumi Tokisaki?

Kurumi: I think it would be the same reason.

I grasped my ribs in pain and I turned away from them.

Tohka: Why are you... laying on Kurumi's lap?

Darren: Not the time, really, please... my ribs are hurting...

I hugged myself slowly and turned away from Kurumi, Tohka and Origami.

Darren: I killed them, I killed Kurumi...

Kurumi slowly played with my hair in an attempt to comfort me before I cried.

Darren: I can't forgive myself... if only I was strong enough to stop Az... THIS WOULDN'T HAVE HAPPENED!!! I WOULDN'T BE SENDING PEOPLE MEANINGLESSLY TO THEIR DEATHS!!! I was just trying to save my best friend...