27

Yumm_yummi story

The morning sunlight streamed through the windows, casting a warm glow over Yumi's apartment as she was getting ready

The morning sunlight streamed through the windows, casting a warm glow over Yumi's apartment as she was getting ready. Joshua was away as he slept in the dorms since he needed to wake up extra early today.

Yumi was drinking her tea while reading one of her books when she heard a gentle knock on the door.

She approached the door and opened it to reveal Mrs. Hong, a face that she recognized from all the photos she saw, her warm smile instantly putting Yumi at ease.

"Hello, Mrs. Hong," Yumi greeted her with a nervous smile. "It's so nice to  meet you. I'm sorry for being rude but -"

Mrs. Hong returned Yumi's smile with a kind one of her own "I guess Joshua didn't found the time to tell you. I'm so sorry, I'll go away"

"NO" Yumi said grabbing her elbow softly "I'm sorry... I'm just surprised" the girl opened the door even more to give her space to enter Yumi house.

Stepping into the apartment and giving her a bow. "Nice to meet you. I've heard so much about you from Joshua. It's wonderful to finally meet you in person."

As they settled onto the couch, Yumi said " do you want coffee, tea?" She wrung her hands together nervously

"Tea is fine and please don't be so nervous. I arrived today but Joshua is busy so he said he knew the perfect person to keep me company"

"Oh... I can get that. And yeah, I'm more than happy to keep you company" she smiled while giving her a cup of tea

"So, tell me about yourself," Mrs. Hong prompted, her eyes sparkling with curiosity.

Yumi took a deep breath, gathering her thoughts before telling about her life, she spoke passionately about her experiences studying culinary arts in LA.

Mrs. Hong listened attentively, nodding along as Yumi spoke. "That's quite impressive" she said with genuine interest. "It sounds like you're truly passionate about your work. And I must admit I'm quite curious about your cooking. Joshua even said it's better than mine"

"He didn't" Yumi chuckled

"He did. He's exacts words were "You need to try it mom. It's a piece of heaven, I don't wanna eat food from anyone else"

Yumi laughed but quickly stopped "sorry"

"No honey. Laugh. I did too"

Yumi smiled gratefully "Cooking has always been my passion, and I'm happy my food makes people happy"

As the time passed between them, Yumi found herself opening up more and more to Mrs. Hong. She shared stories about her childhood in Korea and her journey to the United States, feeling a sense of connection with Joshua's mother.

They decided to leave the house for a little shopping, not before Yumi texted Joshua.

Joshy 🧜‍♀️

You should've told me
But we're good
We're going shopping

Sorry sweets
She was eager to meet you
In a photo shoot
My mom has my card
Buy something nice for both of you

I don't need anything babe

I know
But I want to use my money on my favorite girls
I know you want that new book

Hmmm thanks
But how do you know?

You circle the release date in the calendar

I did 😊

Buy it
And my mom probably will buy a bag
Just use my card

As they strolled through the bustling streets of the shopping district.With each step, she felt the weight of her nerves melting away, replaced by the joy of spending time with Joshua's mother.

"Honey, where do you wanna go?" Mrs. Hong said, her voice filled with warmth as she glanced at her. "I don't wanna ruin your day, you can chose"

"You're not ruin anything" Yumi smiled "I wanna go to a bookstore but after that I'll follow you"

"What kind of books?"

"Romance" Yumi answer shyly

"Spicy?" his mom asked and Yumi nodded her head "my friends as been asking me to read one but I never did. I guess you'll have to recommend me one"

Yumi giggled at her request and her heart calmed down, his mom was warm and light just like Joshua.

As they continued their conversation about her time in LA, Yumi couldn't help but feel a surge of nervousness building within her.

She knew that she needed to tell Joshua about the opportunity but still didn't told him anything.

Finally, gathering her courage, Yumi took a deep breath and broached the subject. "Mrs. Hong, there's something I haven't told Joshua and I'm worry about it" she began, her voice tinged with nervousness. "I recently received an offer to participate in a culinary course in LA. It's a wonderful opportunity, and I'm really excited about it but I'll need to go there for some time"

Mrs. Hong's eyes widened with surprise, but to Yumi's relief, she nodded understandingly. "That sounds like an amazing opportunity! she said warmly. "I can see why you would be excited about it but why haven't you told him? He'll be over the moon"

Yumi breathed a sigh of relief, her nerves dissipating as she felt a wave of gratitude wash over her. "Thank you."she said earnestly. "You think so?"

Mrs. Hong smiled, her eyes twinkling with affection. "Of course. And knowing my son he'll be buying tickets to come visit you. If this opportunity is what's best for you, then he'll support you wholeheartedly."

With those words, Yumi felt a weight lift off her shoulders, replaced by a sense of excitement and anticipation for the future.

She know just needs to talk with him and explaining everything.

As the sun was setting down, his mom just bought a new bag and was ready to go home, Joshua was waiting on them in the dorm along with the rest of Seventeen.

They didn't want him to wait but between conversations and laughter they lost track of time.

While Mrs. Hong went directly to the babies, Yumi went for a kiss.

"Had a good day sweets?" Joshua asked her brushing her hand

"Your mom is the best"

"Hmmm I love to hear that. And did you bought the book?" Yumi nodded "good, tomorrow I'll sleep at your place and we'll try something new" he winked and gave her a pat in her ass without anyone notice.