33

Today was the day of the trial for Yumi's kidnapper, Joshua found himself unable to shake the knot of worry that had taken root in the pit of his stomach.

He wanted to be there for her but for obvious reasons he couldn't. Areum and Sunhee made sure to take the day off and be with her.

Despite his attempts to focus on the morning practice with the other members of Seventeen, his mind kept wandering back to Yumi, and the impending trial weighed heavily on his thoughts.

Jeonghan noticed the tension in Joshua's demeanor as they walked in. With a furrowed brow, he approached his friend, concern etched on his features as he reached out to offer support.

"Hey" Jeonghan began, his voice laced with gentle concern as he settled beside Joshua on the chair "You seem a bit off today. Is everything alright?"

Joshua managed a weak smile, though the worry in his eyes betrayed his attempt at reassurance. "Yeah, I'm okay," he replied, his voice tinged with uncertainty. "It's just... the trial for Yumi's kidnapper is today and she hasn't told me anything"

Sympathy flashed in Jeonghan's eyes as he listened to Joshua's words, understanding the weight of his friend's concerns. "I understand," he said softly, offering a comforting squeeze to Joshua's shoulder. "But you have to trust in the legal process. Yumi is strong, and she'll get through this."

Nodding slowly, Joshua said "I know," he murmured, his gaze dropping to the floor as he struggled to push back the waves of anxiety. "But it's hard not to worry, you know? I just want her to be safe."

Jeonghan's expression softened with empathy as he reached out to offer his friend a reassuring smile. "I get it," he said gently,

He looked at his phone seeing if he had any messages but nothing.

Joshy 🧜‍♀️

Sweets call me right away ok?
I need to know you're ok

Yumi stepped out of the courthouse, her heart heavy with the weight of the trial's proceedings. The echoes of the courtroom still reverberated in her mind, each testimony and cross-examination leaving her feeling drained and vulnerable. Anxiety gnawed at her insides as she tried to process the whirlwind of emotions swirling within her.

Areum and Sunhee, sensing her distress, were quick to offer their support, guiding her gently to their waiting car.

They could tell she was fighting demons inside her head but they were afraid to push it. Seeing his face again it wasn't easy for her.

As they drove her home, Yumi kept her mouth shut and didn't even look up. She was playing with her fingers.

When they arrived at her apartment, the girls wanted to stay.

"You can go home" Yumi said to them

"You don't have to be alone" Areum took a step forward but Yumi shook her head

"I need some time"

"He's gonna be away for a long time" Sunhee reassured her " he can't hurt you"

Against their will, Areum left with Sunhee.

Yumi's facade of composure crumbled the moment they left, tears streaming down her cheeks as she collapsed onto the couch.