Chapter 5: A Soldier

It is now past a week. The British Army camp is lively as usual. The sound of hard-working soldiers working out could be heard from a mile away. Like any other day, the high-spirited soldiers would wake early in the day spring, and train vigorously. That's how The British Army earned its title for being a remarkable yet superior army in the world. 

Zayden wouldn't even doubt the strength that beholds within the army, as how harsh and tough the training was. There were several selections were made thoroughly before one could pass. It wasn't easy for him either, but with his devotion to becoming a well-named soldier, he made it.

"Ey, mate? Spacing out?" One of the training privates, William greets him as he takes a seat in front of Zayden who is sitting spacing out with his coffee mug on the table. Zayden who was spacing out, stunned a bit as he quickly regained his composure and greeted the man back with a smile on his face.

"Nothing, just lost in thought." He said as he gently put on a soft chuckle. William is curious. Perhaps he's missing his family or loved ones? "Missing the family, already? It's only been a week since the official training, we haven't yet been sorted out.*

Zayden would softly chuckle, synchronized he shakes his head. "No, that wasn't. Just looking back on the journey, it was tough. I could say, my blood, sweat and tears were worth it." His words made William laugh silently. "I see. It was hard, wasn't it? I couldn't believe myself either that I also made it. But, sure... The British Army is something..." William would trail off his words, making Zayden who had been admiring the army tilt his head in curiosity.

"Something? What would that be?" asked him. William seemed to be admiring the way The British Army scouted their utmost best soldier and had one of the best soldiers in the army to be the one who would train them. "It just, the system is quite luxurious.  First-rate, seeing how they hand-pick Lieutenant Colonel Calliax Andres, The Black Dragon of British Amry to be who would train us. It's a top-notch training system I'd say. Not many other armies in the world could beat that. No wonder the army is ferocious in the world." He said with full astonishment towards the army.

"I couldn't be more agree with you, Sir William," replied him. William would smile. Hearing the polite tone of voice from him made him respected. "Just William, drop off the formalities. I want us to be comfortable." 

It has been over a week since the British Army training began, and the camp is alive with activity. The sounds of hard-working soldiers training can be heard from miles away. Every day, the soldiers wake up early in the morning and train vigorously, determined to earn their place as a remarkable and superior army in the world.

Zayden, having undergone a rigorous selection process, knows firsthand the strength and toughness of the training. As he sits with his coffee mug, lost in thought, he is interrupted by William, another training private. "Ey, mate? Spacing out?" William wonders if Zayden is missing his family or loved ones, but Zayden assures him that he is not."Oh, it's nothing, just lost in thought." he replies. "Missing the family, already? It's only been a week since the official training, we haven't yet been sorted out." asked, William. "No, that wasn't. Just looking back on the journey, it was tough. I could say, my blood, sweat and tears were worth it." Instead, he is reflecting on the journey he has taken to get to this point and feels that his unwavering dedication has paid off.

William agrees with Zayden, acknowledging that the British Army is truly remarkable and superior to other armies in the world. "I see. It was hard, wasn't it? I couldn't believe myself either that I also made it. But, sure... The British Army is something..." He admires the system used by the army to select and train their soldiers, particularly the fact that Lieutenant Colonel Calliax Andres, known as The Black Dragon of the British Army, has been chosen to train them. William believes that this top-notch training system, combined with the army's meticulous selection process, is what makes the British Army so ferocious and superior in the world.

"I couldn't be more agree with you, Sir William." Zayden agrees with William, acknowledging that the British Army's training system is truly luxurious and first-rate. He addresses William respectfully as Sir William, but William insists that he drops the formalities and just calls him William, showing their camaraderie as fellow soldiers. "Just William, I'd like us to be amiable," he said.

"I noticed that Sir Colonel isn't present today. He usually checks on the privates at this time," William remarked, wondering about Calliax's daily routine. "He might be in a meeting with the marshal and other higher-ups. Who knows? The situation around the border is quite concerning at the moment," replied Zayden.

"About the border?" asked William, who seemed to be out of touch with the current situation of their nation's state. "Haven't you heard? Our border is being threatened by the terrorist gang from the neighbouring country. They attempted to capture our base there," explained his companion.

"I see, it seems like the issue from the past hasn't been resolved yet hasn't it?" Zayden would nod as he agreed with William's statement. William and Zayden were discussing an issue from the past. William noticed that the problem still seemed to be ongoing and asked Zayden if it hadn't been resolved yet. Zayden nodded, indicating his agreement with William's observation.

"When their ancestral land was forcefully taken from them, it was inevitable that they would rise and defend what was rightfully theirs. Meanwhile, the refugees from the violence-stricken northern regions fled in droves to seek shelter and sanctuary in the comparatively safer southern areas," adds him. 

Zayden and William were engrossed in listening to the latest news updates when their attention was suddenly drawn to a startling announcement. It was none other than the announcement of the arrival of Calliax, which caused a sudden stir and excitement in the environment around them. Both of them were taken aback by this unexpected news, which had come as a surprise to everyone present. They eagerly awaited further details about Calliax's arrival, as it seemed to be a significant event that had caught the attention of many.

"Attention, troops! Sir Lieutenant Colonel Calliax Andres has arrived! It's time to rally up and get ready for action. Let's assemble and show what we're made of!"

As the lieutenant approached, a hush fell over the group of privates. They had been waiting for this moment all day, and now it was finally here. Each private stood at attention, their eyes fixed straight ahead, their arms held stiffly at their sides. You could see the determination and focus in their faces, as they prepared to execute their greeting with precision and care.

As the lieutenant drew closer, the privates straightened their spines and tightened their muscles, ready to show their respect and loyalty. Finally, the lieutenant appeared before them, and the privates snapped to attention as one, their feet clicking together in perfect unison. With a crisp and respectful salute, they greeted their commanding officer, proud to be serving under such a strong and capable leader.