Chapter 50: Targetted

The tension in the room was palpable as Mr. Stalin and Drack engaged in a heated exchange, their disdain for each other evident in their words and demeanor. Drack's sinister tone and veiled threats only served to infuriate Mr. Stalin further, who responded with rage and threats of his own. The atmosphere crackled with hostility as the two powerful men squared off, each unwilling to back down.

"Why would you filthy being have business with Major Jacques?" Mr. Stalin asked Drack, his tone dripping with disgust.

Drack, calm and demanding, replied, "Maybe to blow that big head of yours to pieces? Having too large a brain would be troublesome, wouldn't it?" His words held a sinister edge, clearly revealing his disdain for the politician.

"You bastard dare to insult me?! Are you aware of what position I am in?! I could send an army to kill you, shithead!" Mr. Stalin erupted in rage, his face contorted with anger.

But Drack, unyielding, showed no fear. "Or maybe, I could cut off that head of yours even before your so-called army could arrive, old man," he retorted, stepping closer to Mr. Stalin, who involuntarily took a step back.

"Y-you! Don't dare to get close to me! Get your dirty self away from here!" Mr. Stalin shouted, his voice quivering with a mix of anger and fear.

Drack smirked, his irritation towards the old man evident. "Dirty my ass...you're much of a shit yourself," he murmured under his breath, only for himself to hear.

"Major! Why would you even invite this brutal savage here? He's clearly making death threats to me! Aren't you going to do something about it?" Mr. Stalin complained, his voice filled with indignation and fear.

But Major Jacques remained unfazed, offering a calm smile as he attempted to placate the troublesome politician. "Now, now, Mr. Stalin, I'd suggest you calm down. This man poses no harm to us. In fact, he holds a vital role in our mission here. Show some gratitude, sir," he replied, his tone soothing yet authoritative.

Mr. Stalin, still visibly shaken by Drack's menacing demeanor, reluctantly nodded, though his distrust and discomfort were palpable.

As Major Jacques observed Mr. Stalin's incessant complaints and lack of action, a wave of annoyance washed over him. In his mind, he scoffed at the politician's cowardice and ineffectiveness. "Pathetic fool," he thought to himself, his irritation simmering beneath his composed exterior. "Always quick to point fingers and demand action, yet utterly incapable of taking matters into his own hands."

He couldn't help but feel disdain for Mr. Stalin's reliance on others to solve his problems, particularly when the stakes were so high. Major Jacques prided himself on his own initiative and resourcefulness, qualities he found sorely lacking in the politician before him.

Despite his inner frustration, Major Jacques maintained his outward composure, knowing that any display of irritation could jeopardize their delicate alliance. But behind his stoic facade, he seethed with silent contempt for Mr. Stalin's weak-willed nature.

Major Jacques, his frustration palpable, leaned in close to one of his men and whispered sharply, "Do we have the location of that woman?" His tone carried a hint of impatience, bordering on irritation. The soldier responded promptly, "Yes, sir. We've secured her location. It appears she's at the colonel's house."

As Major Jacques processed the information, a wry smirk tugged at the corners of his lips. "The colonel's house? My instincts were right about him having a fondness for that woman," he mused silently. "The way he rushed to her aid during the ball night didn't sit right with me. Unless he holds her dear to him." A sardonic chuckle escaped him. "Well, well, well, aren't you a softy, Colonel Calliax Andres?"