Chapter 21: Hometown

Colonel Calliax's morning routine was a meticulously planned affair, a reflection of his disciplined nature and his unwavering commitment to his duties.

Each day began promptly at dawn, with Calliax rising from his bed with the same sense of purpose that guided him through every aspect of his life. He would start by performing a series of stretching exercises, his movements precise and controlled as he limbered up his muscles for the day ahead.

After his exercises, Calliax would move on to his morning ablutions, taking care to shave meticulously and groom himself with the same attention to detail that he applied to every aspect of his appearance.

Once he was dressed in his crisp military uniform, Calliax would head to the kitchen to prepare his breakfast, usually a simple yet nutritious meal that would provide him with the sustenance he needed for the day ahead.

As he ate, Calliax would review the schedule for the day, mentally preparing himself for the tasks that lay ahead and ensuring that he was fully briefed on any developments that had occurred overnight.

With his breakfast finished and his mind focused, Calliax would then head to his office, ready to tackle whatever challenges the day might bring with his characteristic blend of stoicism and determination.

As Colonel Calliax prepared for the day's celebration, his demeanor remained as composed and disciplined as ever. With practiced precision, he fastened the buttons of his formal uniform, ensuring that every detail was in its rightful place.

His reflection in the mirror revealed a man of unwavering resolve, his deep blue eyes reflecting the steely determination that lay beneath his stoic exterior. As he adjusted his necktie, the faintest hint of a smirk played at the corners of his lips, a rare glimpse of emotion from a man who typically kept his feelings tightly guarded.

With a final glance in the mirror, Colonel Calliax nodded to himself in satisfaction. He was ready to face whatever the day might bring, confident in his abilities and steadfast in his commitment to duty.

As the morning sun cast its golden rays over the bustling streets, Averyn stood on the sidewalk, clad in a chic denim jumpsuit that hugged her figure perfectly. Her hair was pulled back into a low ponytail, strands of hair framing her face in a carefree yet stylish manner. Behind her, a backpack slung over one shoulder hinted at the day's adventures to come.

With a pair of glasses perched on her nose, Averyn scanned the crowd, her expression a mix of anticipation and excitement. She couldn't help but smile as she caught sight of Zayden approaching, his familiar figure weaving through the throng of people.

As Zayden drew nearer, Averyn's smile widened into a grin, and she waved enthusiastically to catch his attention. Today was a day for celebration and spending time with friends, and Averyn was ready to make the most of it with her favorite companion by her side.

"Hey, Zayden!" Averyn called out, her voice carrying a hint of excitement as she greeted her friend.

Zayden returned her smile, his eyes brightening at the sight of her. "Hey, Avie!" he replied, his voice filled with warmth. "You're looking great today."