Chapter 8

a/n this chapter contains sexual assault, verbal and physical abuse that may trigger some readers. Please do not read if this makes you uncomfortable!!!

    Pain. That's what the doctor feels. The pain is not from the bullet wounds. He's not worried about that. This pain is coming from Eleanor. It's both physical and emotional pain. He must help her. This pain she's experiencing is disabling. Though he managed to escape the guards, they were still hot on his trail. He had to keep moving. In his current state, there was no way he'd be able to reach her. Unfortunately, the doctor came to the decision to leave the country to recuperate. He knew the guards would eventually stop chasing him as they had only so much jurisdiction. He made a promise to come back for her. He would beg for her forgiveness later.

    By the time the sun began to rise, the doctor had crossed into another territory. The guards that were chasing him were long gone. He found an abandoned cottage and decided to settle. He took his bag of medical supplies out from his robes and began to remove the bullets. A little injury like this wasn't a big deal to him. In fact, he would be considered immortal. It did not bother him one bit. But that wasn't the case for Eleanor. The doctor knows while bullets have no effect on him, they could be fatal to humans. He couldn't risk loosing his lover.

    After the doctor finished cleaning himself up, he pulled a bag of cheese and crackers from his bag. While he does not require sustenance, food does help put him in a better mind set. He needed to think straight if he was going to get Eleanor back. But before that, he needs to create a safe place for her. The place where is currently is located right next to a small village. Taking a wild guess, there's probably no more than 150 people for a population. That's okay. Unfortunately though, the presence of pestilence was heavy in the village. This is not a place where he could bring Eleanor. It was too tainted. If he wanted to see her soon, then he would have to get to work. It made him sad thinking about doing his operations with her. After spending months with each other,  It became  routine that they worked together.  It felt empty working alone together.

'Ne t'inquiete pas, mon amour. Je reviendrai bientôt pour toi.' He thought to himself. 
(Don't worry, my love. I will return for you soon.)

    During the doctors escape, Eleanor was being dragged back to the manor by the guards harshly. They grasped both her arms with such force that it felt like they were trying to break her. When they arrived to the manor, she was pushed into the dungeon with her mother stepping in behind her. Her mother was absolutely furious. Eleanor was knocked back to the cold ground by her mother's hand.

"How dare you! You inept woman!" Her mother kicked her. "I've worked so hard! You were supposed to be perfect!" Her mother kicked her again, this time, resulting in Eleanor coughing up blood.

"Ah!" Eleanor could feel her ribs cracking from her mother's force.

"I've let you go too long without a proper punishment! I should've gotten rid of those dammed books earlier! I told you your only purpose to this family is to continue our wealth!" Another kick.

"This time, I will fix you! I will flush out all that unnecessary rubbish you possess! You need to become the perfect wife!" One last kick.

    At this point, Eleanor was covered in her own blood on the floor. She could feel a few broken ribs her mother gave her. She was struggling to breath. It didn't help that Henry was watching the whole scene. That bastard had a smirk on his face. Even so, Eleanor still had fire in her eyes. She had completely loathed every single person in this place. She was determined to escape this hell hole. Henry noticed the look on her face. He needed to get rid of that. He would make sure she would become submissive to him. He would break her and then rebuild her into his perfect wife. He would have it all; the finest wine, the biggest house, the diamond of society.

"You're all insane!" Eleanor breathed out. She wasn't able to stand due to the pain in her chest.

" Don't worry, darling. You will be cured soon enough." Henry kneeled towards her on he ground, roughly grabbing her face. "I will make you into the perfect wife for me." He had a look on his face, he's lost it.

    Eleanor can only look at him with scorn. Damn Henry. Damn her parents. Damn this world. She felt stupid. She should've ran away when she had the chance. Such a fool. When Henry let go of her face, the guards were commanded by her mother to chain her wrists to the walls. Eleanor was in so much pain, she decided to give in and pass out.

"If only you were a good girl. I wouldn't have to do this. Making me look like a terrible mother." Her mother began to sense a headache coming on.

"Oh mother, you're not at fault! That scoundrel is to blame. The monster had been brainwashing our dear Eleanor for who knows how long. I'm sure you did a wonderful job at raising your daughter. We just have to bring her back." Henry soothed Eleanor's mother. At this point, Henry had known exactly what words to use to manipulate the lady of the house. He's had so many courtmenships, it wasn't hard to use word play to get the result he wanted from women.

"I am grateful for your assistance in the matter. Should she have spent more time with that monster, I fear for her loss." Her mother began to leave the dungeon. "Come Henry. We have much to discuss."

"Yes, mother." Henry gave one last look at Eleanor before departing.

The fact that Eleanor would rather court a hideous monster then himself had him seething. He is the best military officer this country had had! Better than his own father. Women would beg at his feet to spending only a minute with him. Henry could give her everything and anything. All those times he courted other women was for her attention, hoping she would notice and get jealous. But nothing worked. She always avoided him. Once, though, he got close. It was a long time ago. She was 16 and he was 17 celebrating his 18th birthday the next day, his coming of age ball. He danced with all the women that were eligible for marriage. He didn't like any of them. He thought they were too trashy and unsophisticated. During his break, he spotted Eleanor heading out to the garden. She was never a fan of parties. After he excused himself, he silently stalked her., following her until she reached a water fall. She sat on the bench looking at the stars above. Oh, how beautiful she looked. She was as radiant as an angel. He fixed himself before making his presence known. 

"My young lady, it can be dangerous for someone as yourself to be alone, especially at this hour."

Eleanor flinched, startled by this sudden presence. "Oh my! Lord Henry! Please don't do that." She quickly collected herself and looked the other way to ignore him.

"But darling, it's my party! I can do what I want." His eyes were strolling all over her body. 

She felt his gaze, becoming uncomfortable with the way he was looking at her. "Please leave me alone. I am not old enough to participate in your search for a wife."

"Yet. I have already chosen who I want. But, I'm going to have to wait I'm afraid." He sighed dramatically.

"And you will wait in vain. You'll have better luck seeing pigs fly!" Eleanor stood up to leave. Turing to leave in the opposite direction, her back was pushed into the hedge behind her. Henry had her caged in between his arms.

"What are you doing?" Eleanor began to panic. "Release me this instant!" She tried to free herself but Henry would not allow it.

"Eleanor" His breath reaked of wine "What do I have to do to get your love? Why do my charms not work on you?" He pushed his body closer to hers.

Eleanor was still trying to pry him off  "Certainly not this! Get off me!"

Henry took hold of her waist and lowered her into a dip. "You're so beautiful. Be mine. I will make you the happiest woman on earth."

With his other hand, Henry held the back of her neck,  pushing her forward until their lips met. He was rough, demanding entry, however Eleanor would not allow that to happen. She slapped him as hard as she could, causing him to drop her. As soon as she fell to the ground, she ran off. She ran as fast as she could to safety, away from him.

Henry was in bliss. Her lips taste amazing and he wanted more. He wondered what she would taste like if she gave in. Her body felt so delicate. She was light. From that point on, he became obsessed with her. He would do whatever it took to make her his.