Chapter 2

[EDITED!] 

Chapter 2

My mouth was still open, probably catching flies as I walked slowly down the hallway. I was shocked, no that was an understatement. His card? To me? Is he actually serious? No... This must be a prank, but he’s a serious man. And I mean very serious. He wouldn’t joke around like this. But, what do I know about him? Hardly anything and he’s my father. This must be a test or something, like how much I would spend or if I can keep it carefully. Whatever it is, I will be half-responsible. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity so I won’t lose it, however I think I deserve some gift... But, maybe that’s what he expects...

I opened my bedroom door and placed the card in my underwear draw. I was certain no brother of mine will look through there. I sat on my bed, staring at that drawer. This was weird...

“So, how’d it go?”

“Why did he want you?”

“Did he shout?”

“School called, right?”

“I’m in the mood for cake”

I turned my head to the door and saw all my brothers. Vince slapped Haden across the head who pouted.

“Seriously?” I said, a small smile playing at my lips as they walked in, sprawling across my room.

“How did it go?” Eric asked, sitting down on my blue bean bag chair. Eric is the second eldest. He was the joker I guess; he annoys everyone and is one of those childish losers amongst us. No offense Eric.

“Okay I guess, scratch that, it was darn weird” I replied, letting out a breath.

“Why did he want you?” asked Zane. Zane is the eldest of my brothers. He was 22 years old and was like my fatherly-figure. He was protective, like all of my brothers.

“He was telling me to go to the mating ceremony, I’m ‘of age’” I quoted, rolling my eyes.

“What did he say?” Vince asked, leaning on the wall opposite me. Vince is older than Haden but younger than Eric. He loves picking fights and is overall, a weird guy.

“I need a mate and that me and Jade have to go shopping for a stupid dress” I answered. Jade is Zane’s mate, she is the oldest sister I have never had. She’ really nice, outgoing and is very pretty.

“Aww, my Roxy is all grown-up!” Haden gushed, pinching my cheek as I glared at him. I slapped his hand away and pinched his cheeks, hard. He yelped and rubbed his cheek as I rubbed mine.

“So, that means Vince, me, Haden and Roxy will be at the mating ceremony” Eric said as the rest of us rolled our eyes.

“No shit Sherlock” Vince murmured.

“Guys, you have to help me find a way around this” I said, sighing.

“Roxy, don’t be scared. It’s a natural thing. Trust me, you feel so complete and happy when you find your other-half” Zane said, sitting down beside me.

“But Jade is happy because you’re a great guy. What if I’m stuck with some controlling, psychotic jerk? I’m not taking any chances. Worst of all, there’s that chance that I’m stuck with an Alpha and that is a bazillion times worse”

“And then there’s a chance that you won’t. That you’ll get a guy that is worthy of you and loves you so much” he replied.

“That is unlikely” I grumbled quietly.

He chuckled. “We’re still here and we won’t let our sister be taken by a ‘controlling, psychotic jerk’”

I looked up and saw the rest of my brothers...gone. I laughed quietly, they knew when to leave because things could get emotional and they were really bad at that. But, I knew. They will always have my back.

“What if he’s from another pack? I don’t want to leave you guys” I said quietly, looking down at my hands in my lap.

“We’ll lock you up in dad’s office and throw away the key. He’ll never get to you then”

I looked up and saw the other three with popcorn, blankets, chocolates, movies and cake.  I smiled at them and they grinned back.

“Come on, let’s stop this sappy talk and get a movie on” Eric said, jumping onto my bed and lying down with his arms full of chocolate.

I smiled and lied down on Haden as the movie started. Haden chose the movie so everyone, except Haden, fell asleep half-way through.

I love my brothers.