4: I'm Gonna Throw Up!!

Chapter 4

We walked silently to Dad’s office. My palms were dripping with sweat. I lightly wiped it on Haden’s clothes.

He didn’t notice. Haha!!

I looked at his face and he was deep in thought. I grinned deviously and let him be.

“Ow!!!” shouted Haden rubbing his nose.

“What happened?” I asked acting innocent.

“You could’ve told me I was gonna walk into a damn wall!!!” he shouted.

I laughed. “What’s the fun in that?”

“What’s the fun in that?” he mimicked me.

“What’s the fun in that?” I mimicked back.

“QUIET!!!”

We shut up and snapped our heads to dad. Dad looked really annoyed. Can you blame him? He lives in a house with annoying boys but it’s worthwhile since he lives with an angel, me.

“Inside Roxanne, Haden you may go” ordered my dad.

Haden walked away mumbling. I held in a laugh after I saw his face, he looked like Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer!!

I quietly walked inside Dad’s office. It was quiet.

“Sit down” he said.

I obeyed him and sat opposite him. He sat in the evil chair and turned to me.

“I see you have found a dress. It is girly right?”

My eyes became wide. “Did you just say girly?”

He chuckled. “Yes I did. Now, do you know the stages of mating?”

I shook my head.

He smiled. “Very well. You see the male must first obviously meet their mate…”

I cut him off. “How do you know when that person is your mate?”

He sighed and looked in a spot to my right. I looked at that spot and to him. He was staring in a black space. Probably having a flashback.

I placed my feet on the desk, well I am gonna be here for a while.

Dad coughed. I snapped my head to him and he carried on coughing. I jumped off the seat and ran to him. I tapped his back and he stopped.

“I’m OK. Thank you Roxanne” he said giving me a reassuring smile.

I slowly nodded and walked back to my seat.

“OK, you feel sparks, you feel that that person is the only one you see, it’s just you and them. You feel safe in their presence, you want to protect them and you will do anything to keep them safe… you feel complete. Your mate is like your other half, you can't stay away from him” he answered.

I nodded and smiled. I remember when mom and dad were like lovebirds, dad had his arms always around mom and he was always smiling.

“Roxanne?”

My head snapped to dad. “Yeah dad?”

He smiled. Why is he smiling all the time?!?

“As I was saying, you meet them and then the male marks the female…”

“Why does the male have to do that?” I asked, that’s so sexist!

He chuckled. “The male has to mark the female to claim her and to make sure no other male can”

“Why can’t the female do that? She has to claim the male so that no female can mark the male”

He sighed frustrated. “Can I carry on please?”

I smirked and nodded. I annoy my dad too, that’s so hilarious!

“Then it’s the first kiss” he said.

I faked gagging and dad chuckled.

“Then…you seal the deal” he carried on.

I raised an eyebrow. “Seal…the deal?”

He nodded. “You know…the male has to ‘do’ the female”

I gagged proper and covered my ears. “No!! I really don’t wanna hear anymore please!!!! Especially not from you!!”

Dad chuckled. “Any more questions?”

I removed my hands from my ears. “Can you pick your mate?”

He chuckled. “No you can’t. Even if it’s the most annoying person in the world...”

He mumbled something in the end…really quiet but I heard. “I feel sorry for the person who has to deal with you”

“Dad!!!” I yelled at him.

He chuckled and shook his head. “Ok, you may leave”

I rolled my eyes. “See ya dad”

“Goodbye Roxanne”

I opened the door but before I left. “Dad…can you please not call me Roxanne?”

He chuckled and shook his head. “Shut the door Roxanne”

I groaned and shut the door.

**

I found my room and collapsed on the bed. I lifted my head and saw food on my bedside table with a note.

I picked the note and read it:

Tell us what happened tomorrow morning.

We’ve eaten and since you’re in bed we thought you’re tired so here’s food

Goodnight Roxanne.

Your Awesome and Cool Brothers and Jade

I laughed in my head and put the note down. I grabbed the plate and began to eat. Mmm!! I love pizza!!

**

I finished the pizza and placed it down. I got changed in my PJ's and collapsed on the bed.

I fell into a dreamless sleep.