Chapter 21

Tim's POV
I was sitting in Jackie's lap trying my best to relax but I spent most of my time in the springs looking over my shoulder to try and see if Cassidy was there. My mommies kept promising me that I had nothing to worry about as long as I was with them but I couldn't help but keep looking. Jackie held me tighter with her tail as she kissed my head. I always loved our 'tail cuddles' as I like to call it. Even though their tails aren't as fluffy and warm in the water, it still feels nice. Despite each of my mommies's efforts, I still felt slightly in danger. I was trying really hard to think of something to take my mind off of my worries. Being with my mommies only did so much for me this time. I started thinking about my new friend Minnie. She's so nice and kind just like my mommies. I was worried about what school would be like but I was also looking forward to it as long as Minnie was there with me. Without thinking, I looked behind me again to try and see if Cassidy was there but instead I saw Minnie with her mommy on there way to a small pool of the spring. Minnie noticed me and smiled as she held her hand up high and waved at me. My worries quickly vanished as I smile and wave back at her. My mommies looked where I was looking and they smiled.
Jackie: "Are you waving at your best friend?"
Jackie asked as she looked down at me with a smile. I simply nodded yes. I don't know why but I was a little embarrassed to answer for some reason. It was a simple question but it was a little difficult to give an answer. I felt my cheeks warm up slightly for some reason.
Haley: "Awww!! You're blushing!"
Haley said with a big smile that also oddly looked like a frown at the same time.
Tim: "Blushing..? What's that..?"
I unknowingly say out loud.
Vicky: "Blushing is when your cheeks turn red from shyness or embarrassment."
Vicky explained.
Tim: "My cheeks turned red?!"
I ask in a scared voice. My cheeks turning red didn't sound good.
Haley: "It's okay, pup. Blushing isn't a bad thing, we promise."
Haley said which calmed me down.
Tim: "But why did I blush?"
I ask looking between all my mommies for an answer.
Haley: "It's likely because you were embarrassed about Minnie waving at you and you waving back."
Haley explained but I was still confused.
Tim: "But why was I embarrassed?"
I ask hoping for a clearer explanation.
Jackie: "Uhh..."
Jackie said as I assumed she was trying to find the best way to explain it to me.
Jackie: "... You value Minnie's friendship so much that you likely believe that you value you it too much and you're embarrassed about it."
Jackie said, giving her best effort to explain it all to me.
Tim: "I... think I might understand a little more..."
I said as I had completely forgotten about my fear of Cassidy at this point. I still hadn't understood why I was embarrassed about my friendship with Minnie but as far as I could tell, this all wasn't a bad thing which at this point was all needed to understand. After relaxing a little longer in the springs, I had finally realized that I felt nearly perfectly fine. I didn't feel like throwing up, or that my throat was sore, or tired. I was still feeling just a little bit sick but it was nearly unnoticeable at this point.
Tim: "Mommies, I just noticed I feel almost completely normal again!"
I say happily to my mommies. They all smiled at me.
Catherine: "Aww, that's wonderful, little one!"
Catherine said happily.
Vicky: "You're certainly looking a lot better now."
Vicky said happily.
Haley: "You've been so brave."
Haley said happily.
Jackie: "We're so happy for you, cutie."
Jackie said happily as she game me a kiss on the head.
Catherine POV
I was so happy that our little pup was healing so well. He was certainly almost perfectly healthy again. My mind slipped back to a few minutes ago when Tim saw Cassidy staring at him from afar. And then I remembered how Vicky gave Cassidy the finger, I just hope Tim didn't see that. It was still pretty funny though. Still we would need to keep an eye out for Cassidy or anyone else who may have I'll intentions. Even though the Alpha gave a direct and strict order that Tim was not to be harmed, there would still be a few defiant pack members who would take matters into their own hands. But no matter what anyone does, it won't stay a secret for long. The Alpha would learn quickly if what may or may not have transpired in the pack. The Alpha would find the insubordinate and deal with them personally. Insubordination was one of the worst things in a pack, any pack, its basically considered a crime. This crime was known simply as 'becoming a rogue'. Becoming a rogue was without a doubt the worst crime imaginable in a pack. The level of defiance, insubordination, and rebellion is so great that often times rogues are straight up killed immediately to prevent them from doing anything dangerous to the pack. Becoming a rogue wasn't just about becoming rebellious, it twisted your mind in unimaginable ways. More often than not you became a beast driven by mindless instinct. If a rogue were to escape they could rally more to their cause just like the rogue pack that raided the caves a few years ago. I had a feeling that Cassidy would be going rogue at some point but the girls and I would be ready. We would and will do anything for our little pup. Out of curiosity, I look over to where Cassidy once was but didn't see her. She got to still be around somewhere, she has to be. I then turn and look behind me but still didn't see her and at this point I could sense someone was watching. I then look up at one of the walkways that hugged the walls of the cave and saw her leaning on the railing looking down at us with the deepest scowl on her face. I was so ready to to beat down this bitch into submission. Seeing my challenging gaze, I heard Cassidy snarl and turn away walking out of the springs. Satisfied enough, I turn back to our little one and noticed something. Approaching Tim, he looked up at me.
Tim: "Hi Mommy."
Tim said with a smile.
Catherine: "Hello, little one."
Say with a smile and begin examining his hair.
Catherine: "Your hair is getting a bit long... we'll have to give you a haircut soon..."
I say as I play with and straighten Tim's hair to see the length, it was almost past his eyebrows, covered the top half of his ears, and was knotting a lot. Now the problematic part is if we can trust the cave's barber or if one of the girls or I should do it ourselves. I had noticed that Tim had leaned into my hand to feel me play with and stroke his hair more, he clearly enjoyed the feeling, the feeling of true tender love and care. I couldn't blame him, I was the same way when I was his age. I always loved the feeling of my parents gently stroking my head or when they brushed my hair. I often asked them to do it. After another minute or so stroking Tim's head I returned to my spot in the spring to finish washing my hair. I had noticed that Tim was playing with his own hair, probably trying to see if it really was as long as we were making out to be.
Tim's POV
I wasn't looking forward to getting my haircut. My parents always did it themselves, they were really rough and often hit me if I didn't keep still. But I couldn't help it, they pulled on my hair really hard and then cut it, they didn't really care how I looked. I remember one time, recently when they cut my hair. I made the mistake of asking them if they could be at least a little bit more gentle. My parents immediately became angrier than I had ever seen them before and my dad slapped me on my face so hard that I flew halfway across the room and then my mom grabbed me by my hair and lifted me to my feet and yelled right in my ear really loudly that I am not allowed to speak unless spoken to, especially when it came to how they handle me. I was also having a really hard time trying not to cry. They always said that they would give me an actual reason to cry if I disobeyed them. I always believed they always gave me an actual reason to cry but I did not want to test them. If everything they've done to me wasn't an actual reason to cry then I was scared to find out what an actual reason was. After my mom stopped yelling, my ear really hurt but I stayed standing still and waited for their next command. I knew they wanted me to sit back on the stool but I knew better than to do anything without them telling me to.
Jackie: "Tim! Little one?"
Jackie said as she gently shook me out of my thoughts. I turned and looked at her.
Jackie: "Are you okay, little one? We could sense your distress."
Jackie asked me. I didn't know what 'distress' meant but I think it had to do with my bad thoughts.
Tim: "I-I-I'm fine, mommy... I just..."
I couldn't finish my answer because of how I was feeling. I don't think is was the feeling of still being a little sick but rather what I was thinking about.
Jackie: "You were thinking about your parents, weren't you?"
Mommy asked me. All I could do was look away slightly and nod my head. Jackie then gently pressed my head onto her chest and began dumping handfuls of spring water on my back to help me relax.
Jackie: "Everything will be alright now, little one. We promise."
Jackie promised me and I just took a deep breath before burying my head a little deeper into her to feel more love.
Haley: "Why don't we take a look at your injuries real quick?"
Haley asked the others. Jackie gently sat me facing forward in her lap as my other mommies came up to me and gently removed the bandages around my head until they were completely off and they began looking at me. They gently pushed my head side to side and Catherine took a closer look at my eye socket.
Catherine: "It's definitely getting better. We'll probably have you wear an eyepatch, I don't think you would like a glass eye."
Mommy Catherine said.
Tim: "But why not a glass eye? It's an eye, right? Wouldn't that allow me to see out of that eye again?"
I asked. I mean that's how it works, right?
Catherine: "No, little one, a glass eye isn't a real eye. It's just something that some people wear if they have a missing eye. It's just a small ball made of glass. It doesn't allow you to see with it. I'm sorry, pup."
Catherine explained.
My mommies then began wrapping my head back up and I just sat still. Thankfully it didn't hurt anymore but it was still uncomfortable. After they were done they asked me to move my head around to see if they wrapped my head up too tight and I used that as an opportunity to look around for Cassidy if she was still around but I didn't see her anywhere thankfully. But I knew better than to believe she was gone for good. I knew she wasn't too far away.