𝕗𝕠𝕦𝕣

❝ 𝙸 𝚍𝚘𝚗'𝚝 𝚠𝚊𝚗𝚝 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚝𝚘 𝚛𝚎𝚐𝚛𝚎𝚝 𝚒𝚝 𝚓𝚞𝚜𝚝 𝚕𝚒𝚔𝚎 𝙸 𝚍𝚒𝚍. ❞
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

"Did you just see Mash?" Orter's steps come into a halt as his eyes glance back at his (hair colour) haired colleague. He looks away, "Yes." He says curtly.

"Did you say something to him?" (Name) walks up to him as she tilts her head to the side. "Something that might lower his motivation?"

At the moment, the students are busy watching the competition for being the next divine visionary. Mash, of course, has taken a part in it.

"So what if I did?" The desert cane challenges, making the crimson cane sigh. "That's not good, you know?" Orter averts his golden eyes at her, side-glancing the shorter female before looking forward. "I never said I'm a good person."

(Name) blinks and stops walking. Feeling her absence, Orter unconsciously halts his steps, something that is shocking even for himself.

"You can be a good person. You can always change," (name) mutters before continuing her walk.

Orter finds himself waiting for the crimson cane until she reaches his side before he continues his way. "I don't know if I will ever be good." He murmurs, his gaze softens on the ground. (Name) turns her head to look at him before she looks to the front.

"Well, I think you're a good person." She mumbles, her voice is barely audible to him, but he still manages to hear it. And that makes him blink his eyes wide and stares down at her. "You're just following the rules. And that makes you a good person. Not everyone can follow the rules all the time like you, you know?" She grins at him.

(Name) kicks the small pebble on her way as she continues. "But sometimes you need to break the rules. They might be illogical for you to follow them bluntly." She smiles down to the ground. "Mash is capable of changing the world's view. His ability can prove to the public that even an unmarked person deserves to live in this world."

She then stops, and once again, Orter finds himself stopping to wait for this rule breaker.

"That's why I'm asking you to let him prove himself, Orter. Just this once." She bows her head, startling him. "Until he fails to obtain the title divine visionary, please let him be." She pleads, head hangs low.

The desert cane frowns as he sighs. "Why would you go this far for a magicless person like him?" He asks, voicing out the question that has been haunting him since the day he met Mash Burnedead.

(Name) raises her head and locks her eyes with him. "I can't tell you at the moment. It's something personal." She immediately looks away, as she finds herself failing to maintain eye contact with him.

Orter stares at her before letting out a sigh. "I'll think about it." He mutters, turning away to continue his walk.

(Name) feels the corner of her lips twitch upwards as she catches up to him. "Anyway, have you read this book yet?" Orter raises an eyebrow at the familiar question as she takes out a book from her coat.

His eyes stare at her as another question pops in his head. "Do you always have a book in your coat just to lend it to me?"

Oh shit she almost drops the book-