𝕥𝕨𝕖𝕟𝕥𝕪 𝕠𝕟𝕖

A/n: thank you sm for 1K!! I'd never thought there will be a book that I write will reach 1K in less than a month. I'm so glad that you guys like my story!

And last chapter before I hand my phone to the wardens :D

❝ 𝙸𝚏 𝚒𝚝 𝚖𝚎𝚊𝚗𝚜 𝚏𝚊𝚕𝚕𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚢𝚘𝚞, 𝙸'𝚕𝚕 𝚐𝚕𝚊𝚍𝚕𝚢 𝚏𝚊𝚕𝚕 𝚊𝚐𝚊𝚒𝚗 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚊𝚐𝚊𝚒𝚗. ❞

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Bang!

Doom jumps out of the way, dodging the door that flies to his way.

Tap. Tap. Tap.

His footsteps echo through the silence of the atmosphere. He stops his feet in front of the crimson cane who looks at him in shock as his golden eyes look down at her.

"You told me not to die..." He crouches and gently scoops her into his arms. "So it's only fair if you don't die too."

(Name) stares at him with wide, teary eyes as he holds her in his arms gently. "M-Mash..." her breath hitches, tears streaming down her face.

The black haired teen hums as he takes her to the others. Putting her down beside Rayne, he brushes his thumb on her cheek, wiping away the tears.

"It's okay. You guys get some rest," he stands up, his back against them as he glances back. "...and leave the rest to me."

Rayne takes out a magic handkerchief, but the crimson cane stops him. "It's futile," she mutters shakily. "Nothing can cure my inner injuries."

The sword cane bites his lips. "Then..." he lays her down with Orter's help, who rushes to them right after Mash leaves. Rayne spreads his hand above her head, his magic power is transferred to her as the desert cane copies him. Finn also makes his way to them, ready to assist the crimson cane with his Butterfly Sanitatem.

"(Name)-san..." he whispers, tears at the corners of his eyes. Butterfly-shaped lights gently kiss her skin, healing the wounds she received in the previous fights.

(Name) smiles gently at the younger Ames and reaches out her hand to caress his cheek gently and wipes away his tears. Finn takes her hand on his cheek and keeps it to his face.

Mash saves her. (Name) is saved. Orter can't describe how grateful he is because of that.

He takes off his coat and folds it before putting it under (name)'s head to make her comfortable. He retreats his hands, only for her to grab it.

"...What's wrong?" He asks softly. The warmth of her palm around his wrist makes his heart flutter, and he's aware of it. He's not a fool. He's just in denial.

"Hold my hand," (name) closes her eyes. Orter softens his eyes and removes her hand from his wrist before taking hers in his gently.

That smile on her face. He'd die for it.

He remembers all the time he spent with her. All the books he borrowed from her. All the words he read when she tried to attempt suicide. All the attention she gave him while he was reading on the rooftop that night.

That night, her empty eyes shone under the moonlight before they finally flashed some life.

That night, he fell in love with her.

He didn't believe in love at first sight until he experienced it himself. He wouldn't believe that he did experience it until it was (name) who he fell for.