𝕥𝕙𝕚𝕣𝕥𝕖𝕖𝕟

𝚈𝚘𝚞. ❞

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

"This place gives off such bad vibes." Ryoh murmurs as he places his hand on his hips. "I just know something's gonna jump us before we reach the castle. There's a very good chance of it. Let's stick together and keep our wits about us."

Suddenly, he stiffens, and Dot asks in concern. "What is it?!" Just as he exclaims, a group of black cats run over.

Rayne narrows his eyes before averting to a certain (hair colour) head. And as he expected, she's about to pat them. He immediately grabs the back of her collar, not too harsh, but enough to stop her from crouching down to touch those cats.

"(Name), no." He says sternly as the crimson cane whines. "But they're cute," she reasons, but he shakes his head. "Still a no. Who knows what these cats might do-"

Rayne cuts himself off when a black cat jumps onto (name)'s shoulder, much to his dismay and her delightenment.

"Oh my, how cute- WOAH-" (name) lets out a startled yelp as more cats jump onto her, making her lose her balance and falls down on her back. "(Name)-" Rayne, who has already stepped back when the second cat jumps onto her, rushes to her in concern.

But the crimson cane just laughs and shrugs it off. "These cats are so cute!" She exclaims gleefully as she holds one in her arms.

However, a hand grabs the cat by its nape and takes it away from her. (Name) gasps and looks up to see those amber eyes of the desert cane staring at her after getting the cat off her.

"Get those cats off you," Lance mutters from afar. "Black cats mean nothing but bad luck. Only by seeing them, we might be unlucky. But they jumped on you as if they like you..." he frowns, his eyebrows furrow. "Then that means the bad luck likes her?" Dot asks in worry.

"No, idiot. Do you really believe in myths?"

"...You bastard-"

"Get up, (name)." Rayne lifts her up by her armpits, simultaneously getting the cats off her. "Let's go."

Ryoh pushes the door open after he pulls (name) to his back. If there is an attack, at least he can protect her from it.

"An indoor garden?" She mutters, eyes observing the flowers on the ground. The flowers suddenly bloom, and Dot is tricked by it.

"Oh, how lovely! I oughta play 'love me, love me not'." He picks a flower as Ryoh in his delusions again, only then, Dot notices the bugs in the flower.

"BUGS!!" He screams in horror as the others alert. "And far too many of them! Find someone close by and stick to them so you're not alone!" Ryoh warns as he pulls (name) close to him, so she is in the middle of Rayne, Ryoh and Orter.

She frowns, but says nothing as she knows Ryoh just wants to protect her, not underestimating her. He was the one who let her become a fighter, after all.

Fabian wouldn't have let her do so.

"Lights!" Ryoh casts a spell, but it doesn't work, making him confused. He then notices a bug on his neck, which then slowly sucks up his magic power. "These creatures suck up magic power! We'll be weak as kittens if we linger here any longer! Each of you, find a way out of this room!"

The light cane pushes (name) away from him as more bugs come his way. She winces, then she feels a pair of arms catches her from falling. (Name) looks up to see Orter looking down at her before releasing his hold on her shoulders.

(Name) nods her head as her thanks before taking out her wand. Closing her eyes, she inhales a sharp breath before opening them.

"Blood magic..." she mutters as the bugs suddenly stop moving. Instead, they keep flying in the same spot. "Splash." Just as the word escapes her lips, all the bugs explode, its blood splashes everywhere.

That manages to get rid of the bugs, but more of them come their way. She clicks her tongue as she gets her wand ready again, but Ryoh grabs her arm and shoves her towards Orter.

Too stunned to even react, she tries to process what just happened. Did Ryoh just stop her from using her magic?

"That's enough, (name). Save your magic to fight the second brother later." Ryoh mutters firmly before turning to Orter. "Take her with you. She's after the same person as you," the desert cane slowly nods his head. But before he can move to exit the room, Ryoh stops him once again. "Please take care of her," he murmurs.

The desert cane uses his sand to break the wall to make a way out of the room, dragging (name) by gripping her robe, much to her dismay. As much as she loves this guy, she doesn't like being dragged.

"Orter, I can walk by myself." She mumbles, but his grip on her doesn't even loosen.

The desert cane uses his free hand to adjust his glasses, so that it won't fall down. "Say, (name)." The said girl hums, waiting for him to continue. "Do you have an older brother?"

She raises an eyebrow at his questionz but nods her hear nonetheless. "I had one."

Had. That means her older brother was dead.

"So you're the middle child?" Again, she nods her head. "Yes, I was."

Because now she's the only child.

"I see," Orter hums softly and says nothing after that. However, (name) has always been the curious one. "Why you ask?" She tilts her head to the side.

"How come you can transfer your little brother's magic into that locket?" (Name) frowns at the sudden change of topic, but answer it anyway. "It's my blood magic. I can use people's magic power if I get their blood."

"If I'm not mistaken, your family was a part of the Prudence clan." He mutters. "Do you have the ability to see one's future?" (Name) frowns at the question that is slowly getting heavier for her to answer. "I did, but my father transfered it to my little brother."

"Why?"

"Orter, you're quite talkative today," she breathes out sharply. "What makes you so curious about me?"

However, his lack of answer only makes the frown on her face darken. "Did Ryoh tell you something about me?" She asks, but receives no answer either. She lets out a sigh before raising her head to look at him, only to bump into his firm back when he suddenly comes into a halt.

Orter is staring at the person across from him. "I like your glasses. I want them." The man exclaims as Orter pushes his glasses to the bridge of his nose.

(Name) gets to Orter's side to take a look at the one who has the audacity to demand that from the desert cane-

Always demanding.

She stiffens, her heart beats faster as adrenaline rushes through her veins. She examines the opponent with narrowed eyes, her hands clench into fists.

Wears like a clown.

"You."