𝕤𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕟𝕥𝕖𝕖𝕟

A/n: no offensive comments. I just got my phone and read all of your comments and i'm a bit disappointed. Please don't start a fight for some unnecessary reasons.

❝ 𝙷𝚎𝚑, 𝙸'𝚖 𝚐𝚕𝚊𝚍 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚒𝚝'𝚜 𝚢𝚘𝚞. ❞

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

"Being alive is the best thing. Don't waste it."

(Eye colour) eyes flatter open as her vision is greeted by the ceiling. Her body still feels exhausted, but she can breathe normally now.

She notices a pair of arms wrap around her shoulder and under her knees, and finally realises that she's been carrying in a bridal style. She looks at the owner of those strong arms, and she almost jump.

"Don't move too much." The desert cane mutters as he glances down at her. "Unless you want to fall." He adds nonchalantly.

(Name) finds herself speechless. Her heart beat has gotten faster, and she can feel her cheeks burn.

"I... think I can walk by myself now," she mutters hesitantly as Orter halts his steps. "Is that so?" He asks, and (name) nods her head, expecting him to put her down.

However, instead of that, he continues his walk. "You're always lying. I won't buy it again." He murmurs blankly.

She deadpans and lets out a sigh. She's too tired to argue with him. She softens her eyes as she stares at nothing, before she parts her lips.

"Thank you for beating that clown," she murmurs, her voice barely above a whisper, but due to their closeness, Orter manages to catch those six words.

He hums in response before his halts his steps. He gently put her down, but when she tries to get up, he pushes her back.

"Don't get up. You still need to recover." He says firmly. "You used too much blood. Don't step into the fight against the first brother until Ryoh arrives."

He then takes out an item that she fails to get a look at. But when he put it on her neck with a gentle click sound of the golden chain, her breath hitches.

The capsule falls to her cleavage for a second before she takes it in her hand. Opening the capsule, a familiar picture greets her.

Orter hears her inhale sharply. He then stands up, turning his back on her before starting his way to the fight Rayne and Finn are in.

"I won't look back," he mutters as he pauses his steps. "So don't hold your tears. Cry all you want."

Those sentences are enough to break the dam she created years ago. Muffled sobs escape her lips as she brings the locket to her lips, kissing it gently as tears stream down her pale cheeks.

"Fabian... Flynn..." she whispers between sobs, her eyes shut tight as more tears escape them.

Orter hears her cry. But as he promises, he doesn't look back to her. He knows that she always put up a front whenever she's with anyone. But Ryoh seems to be excluded. It is understandable, since he is the closest human being to the crimson cane.

(Name) hates to look weak in front of others. For some reason.

And for some odd reason, his mind travels back to two years ago, where he met that one strange kid.

As usual, he was on another patrol when the boy with crimson eyes tugged on his sleeve, stopping him from his work.

He looked at the kid silently, waiting for him to say something. The crimson eyes that matched the colour of the blood stared into his amber ones as he felt himself frowning.