𝕤𝕚𝕩

❝ 𝚈𝚘𝚞 𝚛𝚎𝚖𝚒𝚗𝚍 𝚖𝚎 𝚘𝚏 𝚑𝚒𝚖. ❞
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

"If you were me and I was ordered to fight..." Mash caresses the servant beast's face gently as he stares at him in pity. "...I wouldn't want to have to hurt you."

The servant beast stares at the ravenette in front of him silently. 'This boy... he's a human...' his mind ponders. 'But he's... kind to me.' He returns back to its smaller form, his eyes staring at the ground blankly.

"What are you doing?" Sand attacks the servant beast out of nowhere, sending him flying slightly as Mash widens his eyes. "Did you even try to do your job?"

Orter pushes his glasses back to the bridge of his nose as his servant beast trembles. "M-Master Orter..." he stutters. "F-Forgive me!" The poor beast immediately apologises, just the moment Mash steps in front of him protectively.

"Don't. It's okay." He assures gently. "You're the one who has business with me. Isn't that right?" He gets into his fighting stance as the servant beast stops him, saying that Orter is not someone who he can defeat easily.

Orter takes out his wand, and the sand floats around him. "We don't need you. I, alone, am enough. Allow me to show you."

"And I have to beat you..." Mash mutters. "...if I'm ever going to be accepted."

Mash's muscles have surpassed the magic powers before. And this time too, muscles would've beaten magic.

That's it, if he wasn't fighting Orter Madl.

"You're an anomaly. Removing you from society benefits the majority." Orter murmurs after defending himself from Mash's kick. "You may be accepted by the school, but don't expect the same from the world. Discrimination is just a means for survival of the fittest."

He raises his hand to push his glasses back to the bridge of his nose. "You're on the wrong side of history... asking for the majority to turn a blind eye."

He waves his wand gently. "Take that dwarf there. He's considered a servant because he exists to make our lives easier." Mash widens his eyes when the small beast is attacked by the sand before surrounding him. "When they failed to fulfill their duty, they needed to be punished, in accordance with the rules."

Orter brings the servant beast closer to him with his sand. "Mash Burnedead. For every attack you dodge, this dwarf will suffer in your place." He says sternly. "This is but an example of how your foolish words and actions affect others. You need to understand that your existence brings about a net loss."

Mash stares at him silently, no words escape his mouth as the small beast recalls his action from earlier. The kindness that no one ever showed him, the warmth of his touch that he never felt...

The beast gulps as he takes a deep breath. "I-I'll.. be fine..." he stutters assuringly, tears of fear at the corners of his eyes.

"Now then..." Orter murmurs, his sand forming a sharp point to attack the ravenette.

However, before he can command his sand to attack, he catches a blur of red by the corner of his eyes. Jumping out of the way, he dodges the red spear from impaling his flesh.

Mash's eyebrows lift at the spear as he tilts his head to the side confusedly until a familiar voice reaches his ears.

"You four-eye bastard..." the pale hand lifts the large spear with ease as she walks between the desert cane and the unmarked teen. "How dare you lock me up in your office like that," she smiles as a tick mark appears on her cheek, her grip on the red spear trembles in anger.