𝕟𝕚𝕟𝕖

Warning! Sensitive topics ahead!

❝ 𝚂𝚑𝚎 𝚝𝚘𝚕𝚍 𝚖𝚎 𝚗𝚘𝚝 𝚝𝚘, 𝚋𝚞𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚐𝚞𝚒𝚕𝚝 𝚒𝚜 𝚑𝚊𝚞𝚗𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚖𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝙸 𝚜𝚝𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚑𝚊𝚕𝚕𝚞𝚌𝚒𝚗𝚊𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚐. ❞
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Orter halts his steps when a familiar long blonde hair catches his eyes. He stands two feet behind the light cane as he adjusts his glasses.

"Why is it that you want to see me?" He asks. "Be quick, I still need to train those brats."

Ryoh smiles at him as he chuckles. "You have Lance and Dot under your training, right?" Orter frowns at his cover. "Yes. Now get straight to the point, Ryoh. I don't like wasting my time." He says sternly.

The light cane lets out a sigh. "I need your help." That makes the desert cane raise an eyebrow. "You love books, so maybe you're interested."

"Maybe."

Ryoh chuckles awkwardly. "I need you to find me a book." Orter blinks his eyes, out of all requests he can think of, this is not one of them. "I know nothing about it, but I did read the prologue and the first chapter."

"How come?" Orter asks, genuinely confused. How come he has read the prologue and the first chapter if he doesn't even know the title of the book?

"I read it before it was published. A friend of mine wrote it," Ryoh explains. "He didn't get to finish it, so his younger brother did. That makes the book written by two authors. It only has one copy though, so it might be hard to find it."

Orter hums as he crosses his arms. "What's that book about?" He asks, a few books have already come across his mind.

"I don't really know how the story is written. I don't know if it has dialogue or not. But the prologue is about this one girl. She's not the main character because it's from another person's point of view. The prologue is a poet written about that girl." The light cane explains in detail.

The desert cane nods his head, the amount of the books that come to his mind decreasing. "I have some in my mind. I will try to find it." He nods his head. "But why do you need the book? About a girl that doesn't even exist at that?"

If Ryoh is searching for some magic books, he can understand it. But a story book about a girl? He can't see the reason behind it.

However, Ryoh's answer is not in his expectations.

"She exists," he mutters, a soft smile on his face. "Do you know the late soul cane?"

Orter raises an eyebrow at the mention of the divine visionary that was dead six years ago. "If I'm not mistaken, his name is Fabian, am I right?" He asks for confirmation.

The light cane nods his head. "He was a good friend of mine," he smiles softly. "He was one of the authors of the book. And the girl in the story is his younger sister," he reveals.

"Do you want me to find this book because you want to find his sister?" Orter guesses, but Ryoh shakes his head. "I already found her." He mutters. "But that book contains a message for her. I want her to know that message."