𝕥𝕨𝕖𝕟𝕥𝕪 𝕥𝕙𝕣𝕖𝕖

A/n: I'm going back to my old writings; 2k+ words since this book is post-manga lmao

❝ 𝙸 𝚍𝚘𝚗'𝚝 𝚕𝚒𝚔𝚎 𝚝𝚘 𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚍, 𝚜𝚘 𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚍 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚖𝚎. ❞

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

The gentle sound of Innocent Zero's magic fills his ears as he opens his eyes. The monsters are around him, still dead, but he's alive.

The reality hits him like a bullet as he immediately looks around to find a certain (hair colour) head. His body moves with urgency and his gaze finally lands on his side where the crimson cane is sleeping.

He observes her carefully to search for a sign of life. Her wrist is in his hand, his two fingers press on her pulse.

His wide eyes soften as his tensed shoulders relax, the female is cuddled in his arms.

"You're alive..."

.
.
.
.
.

He's not sure about that.

"Doctor, what's her condition? Why is she not waking up?" Ryoh asks the doctor in charge, voicing out everyone's thoughts.

The doctor shakes his head. "I have no clue myself," he admits shamefully. "She's alive. Her heart is still beating. But..." he glances at the sleeping crimson cane in the ward room, making the others look at her. "It's like... her body is still alive, but her soul..."

Orter lowers his head, his hands clench into fists. What can he do...? She can't be dead...

Time won't affect a wandering soul.

The sentence in Flynn's book rings in his ears.

Innocent Zero turns back time for them to be alive again. Before he does so, (name) is dead. That means Fabian's half soul in her is already gone.

"Time won't affect a wandering soul..." Ryoh looks at him in confusion. "That means Fabian's half soul didn't come back to her. Her body is alive, but she has no soul inside her." Orter continues.

Rayne frowns as he furrows his eyebrows. "Then what do we do?" He asks, clueless.

Orter turns to Mash, who is silent from the start. "Call your father," he mutters to him. "Get him to turn her back when she's ten; before she dies for the first time. Her soul can return to her."

"But you just said time won't affect a soul," Ryoh comments. The desert cane glances at him before turning to the sleeping girl. "Time won't affect a wandering soul," he mutters.

"But her soul is caged in guilt."

His eyes widen as he snaps his head to the ravenette in the room who says the sentence simultaneously with him. Mash looks into his eyes, a stern determination flashes in them.

"I'll get him now."

.

"You want me to get her soul when she's 10?"