𝕣𝕒𝕪𝕟𝕖

❝ 𝙷𝚊𝚙𝚙𝚢 𝚋𝚒𝚛𝚝𝚑𝚍𝚊𝚢. ❞
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

The first time he met her, he found her annoying. And hell, yes she was.

"Oh hey! Are you the new divine visionary?"

That grin on her face, he just wanted to wipe it off.

"Rayne Ames, right?" She asked, catching up to him. "Nice to meet you. I'm (name) (last name), the crimson cane." She introduced herself.

Why wouldn't she leave? He just wanted to go to Mr. Wahlberg's office for God's sake. Please leave him alone.

She even followed him into the office. What the hell did she want-

Wait. Don't say that...

"Rayne, this is the crimson cane, (name) (last name). You will be paired with her in this mission."

He wanted to go home.

Actually, being assigned to a mission with her wasn't that bad. They finished it quite quickly. She did almost everything that he didn't even get to use his partisan to defeat the enemy.

The first mission was quite acceptable. So did the second mission. The third mission, however...

She found out about his obsession with bunnies.

All because of his carelessness to drop the keychain. She thought that it was one of the civilians' and like hell he would let her take his bunny.

"It's..." he found himself pausing, hesitating. Being assigned to missions with the crimson cane was enough for him to know how she'd react. But he was more willing to be laughed at by her than lost the precious item. "...mine."

Oh God, who knew how long she laughed that night.

Much to his dismay, she would tease him about it whenever they crossed paths. But...

"Hey, Rayne, wait up!" He almost groaned at the awfully familiar voice. He fastened up his pace, earning an offended gasp from the crimson cane. "How mean!" She whined as she reached him.

When he finally looked down at her, she sent him a teasing grin. "Bunny lover- hey! Don't go yet!" He swore, all he wanted was to get out of her sight so she wouldn't tease him again.

Well, not until she took out a keychain that caught his eyes.

"Here," she handed the small item to him, which he accepted without hesitation, and that made her laugh. "Sorry I teased you. Being a fan of bunnies is cute, you know? So here's a gift for you," she smiled.

On their fifth mission, Rayne found out that she could get mad too. The enemy called her shortie, and damn, she was furious.

"You fucking son of a bitch-"

She cast every type of curse at the poor man while she kept stomping on him. Rayne had to stop her before she killed that man.

Well, he couldn't deny that he's amused by that.

It was raining that day. When he came to the cemetery to visit his parents. He told them that he was doing fine with Finn, so they wouldn't need to worry.