𝕥𝕨𝕖𝕟𝕥𝕪 𝕥𝕨𝕠

A/n: long a$$ chapter ahead

❝ ..... ❞

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Almost half of the monsters die, but they're getting exhausted. (Name) takes a deep breath before she summons Rayne's Partisan and lungs at the remaining monsters.

Slashing it dead, she pants heavily as her knees give up on supporting her weight. Her vision is getting blurred and she knows she's not going to last long.

"What are you doing, little one? Get up and entertain us!" One of the monsters swings a hatchet at her, earning a gasp from the crimson cane.

Orter sends another sand drill, wiping away the monsters around (name). He gets to her and lifts her up by her arm.

"Take a break, (name). You're exhausted." He mutters, a hint of concern evident in his voice. She shakes her head, "No. I can still fight," she shakily stands up.

Suddenly, she pushes him harshly, away from their spot to dodge a flying axe. Orter clicks his tongue as he sends more sand drills at the monsters.

He notices a slight change in his magic power. The sand drills are bigger and faster, making it easier to kill the creatures. He raises an eyebrow as he looks at his wand in curiosity.

That's when he sees a flash of red in his vest's pocket.

He takes out the crimson locket and frowns. Knowing that it is made of Flynn's blood, the author of the unique book he gets, makes him slightly uncomfortable.

He raises his head from the locket to find the crimson cane. "(Name), why is your locket with me-"

His breath hitches.

(Name) is there. On the ground. Her head is turned to the other side, so he can't see her face.

Did she pass out?

No answer for that question. He makes his way to her, simultaneously sends attacks at the monsters. His heart beats fast, adrenaline rushes in his blood. The uneasy feeling engulfs him whole, and he doesn't like it.

When he reaches her, he crouches down. "...(Name)?" He calls out hesitantly.

"....."

No answer.

He takes her in his arms, her eyes are closed. She must be passed out, he notes.

But she's cold.

No movement that gives him a sign that she's breathing. No pulse can assure him that she's alive.

He finds no fatal injuries that can kill her. But her blood is escaping from everywhere; her eyes, mouth, ears, nose. She's bleeding internally.

A fragile body won't be able to hold such strong magic.

He always finds that sentence amusing. But now, he hates it.

His arms around her limp figure tighten. He lowers his head, the glasses that almost fall off are not adjusted.

The crimson gem shines brightly as the whole floor except under him turns into sand. The gravity completely suck in the monsters into the sand, like a quicksand.

He feels his own energy drain out. He knows he won't last long from the start.

He expected he'd be the one to die first. But once again, she exceeded his expectations.