𝕗𝕚𝕗𝕥𝕖𝕖𝕟

A/N: YOU GUYS ARE CRAZY WHAT THE FU-

❝ 𝙸'𝚍 𝚛𝚊𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛 𝚍𝚒𝚎. ❞

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Six years ago...

"Fabian," the ravenette hummed at his light magic user fellow. "What is it?"

"Are you leaving for the mission?" Even Ryoh knew that was an obvious question. "Yes, I am." Fabian replied curtly.

"Are you sure you don't want me to tag along?"

Ryoh had a bad feeling. He felt like if Fabian leaves, he wouldn't come back. Yes, the cliché worries every character feels before something bad happens to their cared ones.

But Fabian didn't like the cliché things.

"Ryoh," he sighed. "Are you underestimating me?"

"No-..." he immediately denied before looking down. "Just... worried." He mumbled, his voice barely above a whisper.

Fabian looked at him for a while, his hand finished writing the sentence in his book. Then, he closed it and turned to the light cane.

"There's nothing to worry about," he muttered, closing his eyes. "I can handle this mission. Like the previous ones I did. Have some faith in me, will you?" He assured him.

"But-" Ryoh's breath hitched as he forced the words out of his throat. "What if... this time's different?" He lowered his gaze shamefully. "What if this time.. you're not coming back?"

He didn't mean to assume things. He didn't mean to doubt his friend. But something in his guts was screaming at him to not let Fabian go alone.

Another sigh escaped his lips. "That's so cliché," he ran a hand through his hair. "I don't like cliché things in my story. Ryoh, don't trust your emotions too much. It'll be the key to your downfall."

The light cane nodded his head as he clenched his fists. "I know, but-"

"Have some faith in me," he cut him off. His hand rested on his shoulder comfortingly before giving him a gentle squeeze. "I'm coming back. Plus, today is Flynn's birthday. That's one of the reasons why I need you to stay." He walked to the drawers at his table and took out a gift box. "If I turn out to be late, please give this to him on my behalf."

He took the book that he wrote and handed it to Ryoh along with the gift. After a long silence, the light cane finally sighed. "Sure," he took the items from the soul cane.

Fabian glanced at the clock on the wall before letting out a sigh again. "I guess I'm going now," he muttered. Taking his coat, he walked past Ryoh, not before patting his shoulder twice in a comforting manner.

"I'll be back," he murmured, glancing at the light cane for the last time before he left.

"...you better."

He didn't come back.

Another scene of coughing fit filled the gap between attacks, and another litre of blood escaped his bruised lips. Panting heavily, he glared at the clown at his opposite.