𝟎𝟐 ❤︎

amaiyah dìaz
nyc university, nyc
3:22 pm

"Sora you trippin" I call out to her as she walks over to a random guy on the bus. She goes and sits next to him and begins talking to him. I cant hear them but by the touches I can see she is flirting with him and he is falling for it. She's always been a very extroverted person and she didn't care what people thought of her.

Whenever she would do this i'd feel bad for the guy because she usually entertains them for a maximum of 2 weeks and then she dips. Those guys were all getting attached but she shuts it off so fast. I can't really see how she does it but for me it's way different. If I find someone I like I try to stay with them because I feel bad for leaving them.

I've only had like 2 talking stages and they both failed so for me that says enough. The right one will come when you aren't looking for them is what I believe. It's not like I'm not interested in love but it's just that the guys in New York are kinda weird. Most of em' are gang affiliated, criminals or just really creepy. It's hard finding love in New York.

Sora comes back waving her phone as she got his number. Soon we arrive at uni and we step out of the bus. We are met with drizzle as we quickly run to campus so we won't get wet.

We enter the school and thank God we were still dry. I say my goodbyes to Sora since I have Economics in another class while she has Maths. The university is pretty big so the walk to my class is long. When I finally find my class I enter and sit somewhere at the front.

The bell rings as it was break time so I gather my stuff and walk towards the break room. Normally Sora would already be there but I look around for her and she wasn't there. After 10 minutes I decide to text her.

mi gyal🇯🇲
_________________

today 12:31 PM

where r u??
soraaaaa
bro istg if u don't answer in
3
2
1...

i'm omw bro
that bald ass nigga wanted to speak to me

who the principal?

yeah
read: 12:33 PM

Right when she texted that I look up to she her approaching the table. "It's monday" she sighs sitting down. "Why this nigga already on my ass?" she complains. "What even happened?" I ask her confused since she just threw herself down in the chair.

"Alright so this nigga comes into my class and asks me to come with him yeah?" she looks at me explaining. I nod as I listen to her. "Then he starts ranting about absences and me calling in sick" she says as the frustration in her voice is clear. "And I explain to him that I have my reasons and he just doesn't wanna listen bro" she says shaking her head.

"He's one weird guy for real" I shake my head as well. "Why don't you inform your parents about this?" I ask her because maybe that would fix the issue. Although she isn't too fond of the idea because she immediately starts shaking her head no.

I frown at her with a confused expression but she stays silent. We just watch TikTok and enjoy the rest of our break until the bell rings which alarms us to go back to class. I have criminology class next while Sora has a free period to study but she never does. She would always hang out in the closest bodega or go outside to the park to smoke a blunt.

As I enter class the teacher has assigned seats for a few people since some of the students are failing. I am sat in the middle on the right side of the door. The teacher starts his class as I write down some notes to keep up with the work.

"I'm so tired bro" Sora complains as she rests her head on the window of the bus. I am just looking out the window as we are nearing our stop. I really don't wanna go home because it has such a cold and dark vibe to it since my mom isn't there to help me with cooking, cleaning and keeping this place lively but I have to study and I have no other place.

The bus comes to a stop and I spot a group of 3 boys standing near the bus stop. I hate walking past a group of boys which consisted of more than 2 people. I just feel so intimidated whenever I have to walk past them. I step off the bus and Sora was right behind me. I feel a few taps on my back and I turn around to see her.

"The left one is so cute" she says smiling at that guy. He is a 5'8 lightskin and he has little twists in his hair. In my opinion he has a pretty big head. He is wearing a white shirt with light blue jeans that are sagging very low. He also has tattoos and a few chains around his neck. To be honest, he really isn't my type...

"Imma talk to him" she says wanting to walk away before I stop her. "Sora are you mentally okay? I can see the gun print trough his pants" I say warning her about it because boys like that almost never have good intentions. She just ignores me as she walks over to him. I shake my head and sit down at the bench of the bus stop to wait on her.

I put in my airpods and open up spotify to put the song 'Grey' by Yung Filly. I've been loving that song lately and lowkey can't wait till summer. Sora was talking way too long so I yell "i'm gonna walk home" to her as she waves. I didn't wanna leave her alone but I knew how long she could be talking to people and I had stuff to do. I quickly make eye contact with the other guy that is standing there. He had a deep mug on his face which in my opinion made him a bit more attractive..

He is a lightskin that is also around 5'8. He is wearing a darker pink hoodie with some tight amiri jeans that are sagging as well. On his head he wears a black moncler beanie and he has some chains and rings. What really stands out to me are the tattoos on his neck and hands. Overall he is pretty attractive but that whole group looked kinda dangerous so it's best to stay far away from them.

'Girl, it's the way it's envisioned, my mind
My mind

Feel like I'm one away
How come I see the color grey?
Come now, we are not the same
Found nothing on my name

Simmer down, mami, simmer down
Vvs' swimmin' round on me, they swimmin' round
I'm in and out the globe because I got a pound to spend
Took a private jet right out the ends, ah
I know, I know, I know you fell in love with this
But did you fall for me or this life?'

-Grey Yung Filly

A/N
bro why does this just sound badddd
anyways grey by yung filly is such a great song and it's gives me strong summer vibes
btw no hate to dougiee😘🫶🏽