𝟎𝟕❤︎

amaiyah dìaz
east village, manhattan
10:45 am

"Congratulations!!!" I hear the happy voice of Celina trough my microphone as I am facetiming with her. This morning I got the news about my exams and the professor told me I passed them with all A's and A+'s. I was so happy because all my hard work has finally paid off.

I couldn't help but think of what happened to Sora since she hasn't answered any of my or celina's messages. I just hope she's doing okay because I know how her parents could get. One time they even threatened to send her to Jamaica because of her school performances.

Sora is from mixed decent, her mum is Japanese and her dad is Jamaican. Some may think that's a pretty weird combo and I can't lie, it is. Her parents are in a relationship but they argue a lot.

Whenever I was over at her house i'd hear a few fights going on between them about the most random stuff. They never seemed to agree on anything together so it must be hard to live in that situation. I think that may be the reason Sora has been acting different lately.

She's overwhelmed and stressed about stuff happening in her life. That is the most common reason people do things they like instead of things that need to be done. I understand her side of things but I also understand where her parents are coming from.

As I was snapped out of my thoughts by Celina calling out my name trough the phone I see Camrin texting me. I tell her to wait a second as I go to see what he messaged me.

cami🫶🏽🐐
________________

today 10:53 am

yooo mai

yoo cam

so I made plans

hmm..

nah it ain't nun bad

what is it??

come over at 12 PM

ightt
read: 10:57 PM

After reading that I tell Celina what can texted me and we hang up to get ready since it was almost 11 am. I walk to the bathroom to do my quick morning routine and when i'm done I walk to my closet to pick out some clothes.

I decide to wear a black yoga set with flared pants. I paired it with some jewellery and I wear my silk press down. I put on some light makeup so it wasn't too much.

I kept thinking about what Camrin had planned as I lock the front door and get in my car. I still didn't know the exact route to his house so I put on google maps as it shows the drive is 51 minutes. I sigh as I reverse my car and start driving off.

The song 'Kevin McCallister' by D-block Europe was playing trough the speakers as I sing along. Before moving to New York I used to live in London till I was 13. I had always been a fan of DBE and this song was just too good.

As I arrive I park somewhere nearby and have to walk a bit. While I was walking I notice a few cars upfront and I start thinking who he could've invited. I ring the apartment bell and he buzzes me in. I walk 3 stairs because that elevator has been acting up ever since I could remember.