𝟏𝟔❤︎

Kevin Perez
east village, manhattan
9:22 am

I was laying up against Amaiyah who was still resting her eyes. I had just woken up about 10 minutes ago and decided I'd kill some time by scrolling on my phone, now and then peeking over at her to see if she was still asleep.

Honestly, she looks like an angel as she lays peacefully asleep, her hair kept in the light pink bonnet made out of silk and her lips droop slightly apart as soft snores escape her mouth.

As our bond continues to deepen and our friendship grows, I am beginning to experience a feeling I'm not familiar with.

I find it hard to comprehend exactly what it may be, as I've never experienced something so intense in my lifetime.

Her stare would leave me feeling as if my body would explode from the rush of tingles and warmth it gave me.

The sound of her voice and its melodic tones would fill my ears, as if it was a soundtrack to my own life. The way she carried herself and the way she dressed had me feeling all types of ways.

Is it normal to feel this way? Hm I don't know. I've never felt anything close to this before but it can't be bad can it? I mean she's so pretty and kind...I should just try to brush it off and not think too much of it.

I make my way to her bathroom that was decorated luxuriously as I search for spare toothbrushes, I finally found them under the sink and open the packet to use one.

I apply the toothpaste to the toothbrush and get to brushing. When I'm done I splash my face with water and walk back to her room.

She is now sat up while rubbing her eyes and it made me chuckle at how lost she looks. She must've slept good.

I take a seat right next to her on the bed, just patiently waiting for her to finish up with what she needed to do. She tells me she'll be in the bathroom for a small while and she goes to do just that. I pull out my phone and scroll mindlessly as I wait for her to return.

I felt bad when I heard about what her mom did and that they aren't on speaking terms right now. At this point she didn't have neither of her parents to help her so I decide to step in and be there for her. Money wasn't a problem for me since that rappin shit has been payin good.

I also didn't hesitate to spend it on her, I may not know her for that long but I can see she isn't the type to be with a nigga just for the money.

She's a brilliant girl who's focused on her education rather than niggas and money. As I hear her footsteps approaching I put my phone down and look towards the direction of the door.

She enters and jumps right next to me on the bed. "What u wanna do?" she asks enthusiastically looking at me.

"U wanna come to the stu?" I ask putting the white shirt I had on last night over my head. I see her nod and stand up as she picks out some clothes.

She walks to the bathroom and a few minutes later comes back out wearing dark grey baggy jeans with a frank ocean sweater. If there's one thing she really likes it's Frank Ocean.

I pay good attention to the small details, whenever we're in the car there is always at least one frank ocean song played. There's a reason why I took the time and purchased her something, but the occasion I have in mind to give it to her is still a while from now.

Her passion for Frank Ocean and his music is something I love so much about her, it runs deep within her.

Listening to her speak about it and the meaning behind it truly melts my heart, making me feel emotions of both joy and sadness..